Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rangers fans opening day
Star 
Rangers fans opening day
Today is our home opener so with Hamilton and cj moving on to la do y'all think Hamilton gets booed cheered or just silence I know there has been some talk of everyone just not saying anything but what do y'all think will happen
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

RE: Rangers fans opening day
I think there will be a couple of people cheering but would imagine the majority will boo. I think anytime a teams star player goes to the biggest division rival he gets booed.

I think it'll be mixed with cheers and jeers. I mean, in reality, he was a great player when he was here and just moved on to where the money is. It's a part of baseball.

I just hope he doesn't break out of his early season slump this weekend. Hopefully he can do that next week when they return home for the first time.

(04-05-2013, 11:33 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I think it'll be mixed with cheers and jeers. I mean, in reality, he was a great player when he was here and just moved on to where the money is. It's a part of baseball.

I just hope he doesn't break out of his early season slump this weekend. Hopefully he can do that next week when they return home for the first time.
I know I'm going to boo him!! Of course, I'll be at home watching the game, so no one will hear me except for my parents.

I hope that he never breaks out of his slump!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I hope that it is deafening how loud they boo him. I just think that the way that he left us was shady and the fact that it was the angels that he chose to go to. Also, him saying that we are not a baseball town is just uncalled for. Whether he is right or not, it didn't need to be said. I know more die hard baseball fans in Dallas than anywhere else that I have lived. I know we aren't like the Red Sox or the Yankees but considering that we have been around since the '70's and they have been around over a century, I say our fan base is pretty good.

Also, he better be careful about throwing his bats in the stands now, someone might just throw it back at him.

(04-05-2013, 11:56 AM)jgrunert Wrote: Also, he better be careful about throwing his bats in the stands now, someone might just throw it back at him.
I like this comment!! It'd be funny if they conked right on the head with the bat!!
(04-05-2013, 11:56 AM)jgrunert Wrote: I hope that it is deafening how loud they boo him. I just think that the way that he left us was shady and the fact that it was the angels that he chose to go to. Also, him saying that we are not a baseball town is just uncalled for. Whether he is right or not, it didn't need to be said. I know more die hard baseball fans in Dallas than anywhere else that I have lived. I know we aren't like the Red Sox or the Yankees but considering that we have been around since the '70's and they have been around over a century, I say our fan base is pretty good.

Also, he better be careful about throwing his bats in the stands now, someone might just throw it back at him.
+5,000

I understand what he was saying, he meant the Rangers will always take a backseat to the Cowboys.... which is true.

Anyway, I am glad he left the Rangers. I would have liked to see him stay since I live in TX, but not after the way the (lack of) contract negotiations went down. He was right to leave. Anyone that blames him for leaving is simply letting their affinity for the Rangers cloud their logic. It was a no brainer.

(04-05-2013, 03:56 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I understand what he was saying, he meant the Rangers will always take a backseat to the Cowboys.... which is true.

Anyway, I am glad he left the Rangers. I would have liked to see him stay since I live in TX, but not after the way the (lack of) contract negotiations went down. He was right to leave. Anyone that blames him for leaving is simply letting their affinity for the Rangers cloud their logic. It was a no brainer.
-5,000 boooooooooooooo!!

(04-05-2013, 03:56 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I understand what he was saying, he meant the Rangers will always take a backseat to the Cowboys.... which is true.

although correct about football > baseball in texas (esp. dallas) i somewhat disagree on your position of Hamilton leaving. True there was a lack of negotiations from the Rangers because they knew what kind of a headache he was to have...seriously...we had to give him a babysitter...and he still fell of the wagon just about every year. But thats not even what Ranger fans are upset about, its because we were disappointed with him last year. He started off well up until that 4 hr game against the Orioles then he just seemed to coast the rest of the season. He didnt seem to care about the team and his at bats and fielding were half assed at best. But even that could be forgotten with contract full of incentives. It was how he treated the fans of Texas, you know, the team that traded away our ace of the future for a nobody ex-addict who noone was sure could handle the stress of playing every day in the outfield because of what he had done to his body...That he was treated as a hero to the community for his story and blah blah blah(i personally never cared for his story but it was a nice fairy tale for the kids) but as soon as he signed that contract him and his wife just couldnt stfu about texas and the fans. he could of kept our respect and love but he decided to be a ***** and talking crap about the fans that watched him grow into an MVP and $25 mil. a year player. good luck to him and his sobriety but as far as baseball goes, im glad the Angels decided to burn so much more money on another aging player whos contract they will be whining about in 2 years. And ill be giggling every time he swings at low and away fastballs, and half way trots to a flyball.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

A's fans were just fine with Hambone's outfield play in the last couple of games in the regular season, LOL