`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissappointment at Topps

Dissappointment at Topps
So even thou this is about a different sport (wrestling), Im posting here due to it being a bigger "Topps" issue and get the most feedback here.

So ever since the announcement of the latest WWE product (about 6 months ago) ive been waiting patiently for this release due to ONLY 1 card that was announced (Paul Heyman autograph). Well its been out for OVER a week and NOT ONE has popped.
Ive seen every announced card pop except for 2 (Rey Mysterio & Paul Heyman). This is the 3rd year Topps has done this and its HIGHLY frustrating. The LAST 2 YEARS it was Undertaker and Triple H autographs that never made it into packs that they announced before hand.

WHY on earth announce these cards if they are not included? I understand it all falls on the player/personality to return said autographs to the company, but why not put out some announcement that they did not make it in? All for higher sales?
If I would have bought a case or 2 and then found out that the card I was hunting for did not exist I would be PO'ed. IMO its partial false advertizement.

Opinions?

RE: Dissappointment at Topps
chances are they are going to be redemptions, we've had discussions here about topps baseball products that highly tout a card and it turns out to be a redemption because it isnt even a card yet (chase for ruth anyone?)
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

RE: Dissappointment at Topps
(04-04-2013, 09:59 PM)creativemunky Wrote: So even thou this is about a different sport (wrestling), Im posting here due to it being a bigger "Topps" issue and get the most feedback here.

So ever since the announcement of the latest WWE product (about 6 months ago) ive been waiting patiently for this release due to ONLY 1 card that was announced (Paul Heyman autograph). Well its been out for OVER a week and NOT ONE has popped.
Ive seen every announced card pop except for 2 (Rey Mysterio & Paul Heyman). This is the 3rd year Topps has done this and its HIGHLY frustrating. The LAST 2 YEARS it was Undertaker and Triple H autographs that never made it into packs that they announced before hand.

WHY on earth announce these cards if they are not included? I understand it all falls on the player/personality to return said autographs to the company, but why not put out some announcement that they did not make it in? All for higher sales?
If I would have bought a case or 2 and then found out that the card I was hunting for did not exist I would be PO'ed. IMO its partial false advertizement.

Opinions?
Heyman will have plenty of time to sign his cards after Triple H puts him and Brocky Poo in the hospital on Sunday!

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!

LOL