`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multisport guys - How high do you see this going?

Multisport guys - How high do you see this going?
I havn't dealt with anything but basketball for the last 20+ years but I am curious where you see this lot finishing, price-wise? Seems like an awfully diverse lot that could be pieced out at a profit, for sure if it goes near the current bid. Just curious what y'all think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Sports-Card...3891525%26
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

RE: Multisport guys - How high do you see this going?
I always hate it when this happens on these lots:

"You get patches, game-worn jerseys, certified Autographs. Refractor's, inserts, parallels, Rookies, stars, and tons of #'d cards. No commons!"

That usually means that there are <10 patches, GU, <10 autos. Good stuff is shown in the photos, rest is "RC/stars". Yes...more rookies of Delaney RUDD and John Croty, and Joe Blow Benchwarmer!
I wouldn't bid more than what I could really see in the photos, and assume that the rest has to be $1bin rejects.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

With a day and a 1/2 left I highly doubt hit will reach 200. Hopefully it will be able to get to the 170-180 range.

this is why when i sell a card lot, i list every single one of the cards being sent out. that way anyone interested in it can see what they're getting. on this lot, if all the seller is doing is listing the stars, i'm not enthused by it. though butkus, kobe, and pujols seem like a good draw, those cards don't seem to be worth what is being asked for. i'm actually more impressed with the sleeves and the new top loaders. maybe i'll put in a bid on that...just kidding.

The seller has been on ebay for over 10 years, over 8,000 transactions, appears to have flawless feedback. He states each cards is individually packaged in a new soft sleeve and a brand new top loader. Based on his reputation, and the way it's packaged, I think it's worth the gamble if you can get it at a reasonable price, I think it would be high risk, high reward. I wouldn't bother if it was a new seller with little or questionable feedback.
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

I wasn't looking at bidding myself just ran across it at the bottom of a different auction and it caught my eye. I did also assume that everything not pictured was useless otherwise he would have used 12 pics, I was thinking it was a pretty solid deal just for the items pictured. Seems like this guy is "unloading" for some reason and that often presents an opportunity.
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

uhhh... I can't believe the price is that high right now. That lot is def not for me.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Never good when you see old Classic autos of ORR and Press Pass autos if that might be some of the "good stuff"
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Looking at the pics, he has cards that aren't even in sleeves. It looks like he only has a Kobe and Butkus as the main draws. No one that has a strong feedback score is bidding on this lot right now. I wouldn't touch this lot at all at the price that it is currently at ($305).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(04-05-2013, 12:34 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: Looking at the pics, he has cards that aren't even in sleeves. It looks like he only has a Kobe and Butkus as the main draws. No one that has a strong feedback score is bidding on this lot right now. I wouldn't touch this lot at all at the price that it is currently at ($305).

It was less than half that when I first posted (I wanna say 135) and that is when I thought it was worth looking at. Now I agree the price has exceeded the value.