`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Now this very much irritates me

OT: Now this very much irritates me
I have been searching the bay for the last month to possibly purchase a Topps Chrome Kobe rc, and every time i end up having to see THIS eye sore every single time i go fishing...................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBE-BRYANT-1996...589d29e8c5

the eyesore is not the card, but the price and description is what drives me nuts, do people have seriously no shame??? Lets talk about the price of the card, first notice that the BIN price is $270. Well now notice the price above that that is scratched out claiming that the card WAS $600, but the seller was oh so generous enough to give the buyer a 55% discount as you will notice the label on the top right corner of the picture.

GEE now isnt that just one heck of a deal, EXCEPT for the the fact that the very same card graded at a 9 is only worth $100 and even a 9.5 only tops out at $300.

so what is this person thinking? seriously what gives them the nuts to seriously scam someone this way by flat out lying?

some have no shame, am i wrong for hoping this persons attempts to sell several of these for around the same price fails on all counts???

discuss lol.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

RE: OT: Now this very much irritates me
I notice in his description he claims it is a RC.... am I mistaken or isn't this considered a parallel not a RC?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

no you are not mistaken.

I also hate these type of selling tactics, just wrong. Sad part is someone might actually fall for it.
There is a very good reason why there are 7 times more Topps Chrome "RCs" in BGS 9 than this card.

i dont know, these multiple cards being sold by the same person have been there for over a month, maybe even longer and noody has bought any of them lol.

perhaps people arent buying into the whole "rarer than chrome this card is totally worth $600 but im taking over half off" scam.

i messaged the seller once about this, but for some reason they havent replied.

cant ebay do something about this kind of thing?

(04-04-2013, 07:59 PM)geddon81 Wrote:
cant ebay do something about this kind of thing?
what ebay policy are they breaking?

(04-04-2013, 07:59 PM)geddon81 Wrote: cant ebay do something about this kind of thing?
eBay can do something if they wanted to. But unfortunately they are on this guys side. They want the card to sell high so they get there 10% from the sale.

I have even contacted eBay about people selling pirated DVD's and they won't shut down the auctions because they are getting their cut.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(04-04-2013, 10:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: what ebay policy are they breaking?
is there nothing about straight up false advertising? i mean the seller is flat out lying about the true price of the card, pretending its a $600 card they are marking down to $220-$270 when the card in reality in all its glory is only worth $100.

wouldnt the simple way they are advertising the card be enough for something to go down?
(04-04-2013, 11:01 PM)briankort Wrote: eBay can do something if they wanted to. But unfortunately they are on this guys side. They want the card to sell high so they get there 10% from the sale.

I have even contacted eBay about people selling pirated DVD's and they won't shut down the auctions because they are getting their cut.
root of all evil.

Best eBay could do is that you report the auction for "keyword spamming" for listing "chrome" in the title.
That would be the keyword manipulation, like saying 1/1, "not auto", stuff like that. So every time you see it, report as keyword spamming manipulation.
You can say most anything you want about a product, and at any price. Buyer beware.

"I don't care what the Beckett value says...I know that my 1990 Fleer MJ card is worth $100 and could be graded a MINT-10...might even be $1,000 card!" Anyone want to buy it? If not, skip it and move on.
Nothing I said there would be violation of eBay policy. But if my title said "1990 Fleer MJ BGS PSA 10 no auto not PMG" then that would violate listing policy.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Its like going ot Target. They mark everything up so it looks on sale.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.