Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Now this very much irritates me

RE: OT: Now this very much irritates me
GREED. Plain & simple.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

This is a buyer beware situation. If you were an ill-informed Joe Collector who just hopped onto to eBay to grab a Kobe rookie you would see this and think you are doing well. Now, I don't know much about this particular card(rarity, actual value etc etc) but I was also in the market for a Kobe Chrome a few weeks ago and this stupid thing kept coming up in my search. I ended up grabbing a BGS 8.5 for $220 total but surely I had to browse by this stupid thing several times while I was watching.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(04-05-2013, 12:09 AM)odditycards Wrote: Best eBay could do is that you report the auction for "keyword spamming" for listing "chrome" in the title.
That would be the keyword manipulation, like saying 1/1, "not auto", stuff like that. So every time you see it, report as keyword spamming manipulation.
You can say most anything you want about a product, and at any price. Buyer beware.

"I don't care what the Beckett value says...I know that my 1990 Fleer MJ card is worth $100 and could be graded a MINT-10...might even be $1,000 card!" Anyone want to buy it? If not, skip it and move on.
Nothing I said there would be violation of eBay policy. But if my title said "1990 Fleer MJ BGS PSA 10 no auto not PMG" then that would violate listing policy.
i think i will try that, because honestly im sick of seeing it in the topps chrome search.
(04-06-2013, 07:47 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: This is a buyer beware situation. If you were an ill-informed Joe Collector who just hopped onto to eBay to grab a Kobe rookie you would see this and think you are doing well. Now, I don't know much about this particular card(rarity, actual value etc etc) but I was also in the market for a Kobe Chrome a few weeks ago and this stupid thing kept coming up in my search. I ended up grabbing a BGS 8.5 for $220 total but surely I had to browse by this stupid thing several times while I was watching.
wow, nice pick up on the kobe. but yeah this thing is perfectly set up in 2 ways, one it makes the non educated buyer believe they are getting some kind of smashing deal for a rare card, and 2 they try to catch even the educated dealer off guard by labeling it in chrome to maybe for just that moment trick you enough into pushing the BIN option.

hence the damned thing doesnt belong in the topps chrome search, it has nothing to even do with topps chrome and it just used as a tool to manipulate.

[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

I find it interesting how some one can be so flabbergasted by someone trying to generate more views on their auction. In no way is that seller lying to you. Granted is it a type of marketing ploy, of course but try not to worry about it because there is nothing that eBay will do about it or really should they in my opinion. If you do not want to see it in your Chrome Kobe search you should type "Kobe Bryant Chrome RC -NBA -50" and it will disappear. Good luck to you
 photo mjheader.jpg

Is the card worth $600 ? No , so yeah that's a lie all in its own. Then trying to pretend like they are giving this all time great deal of 50% off and only charging $200+, depending on which of the 5 listings you look at, on a card that still isn't worth $200 in the first place.

Flabbergasted? Na, more like disgusted at the practices someone uses meant to prey on the ill informed collector into grossly overpaying for an item. If the truth was told about this card nobody would buy it, atleast not at almost 3 times it's real value.

The whole description as a purpose is a straight scam no matter how you look at it. I just feel bad for the person who happens to fall for it is all.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]