`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there such a thing as too well packaged?

Is there such a thing as too well packaged?
So one of my big grips on stuff I have bought on various websites is this.
packages in which the cards are so well taped up, packaged etc. that you almost need a surgeons touch to get the cards out without damaging them.

So is there a point when it is just way overkill?

I have been selling on Ebay for 8 years and all I do is wrap the card in a card holder up in the invoice and have only had 1 damage complaint in 4000 transactions.

RE: Is there such a thing as too well packaged?
There is a such thing as too well packaged. I've gotten some stuff that have just completely been mummified in packaging tape. That kinda stuff rarely happens though. What happens WAAAAAY too often is people shipping jersey cards in just a top loader and then just tossing it into a bubble mailer. Half the time the card arrives with those little wrinkle-like creases extending from the jersey swatch. That has been getting really annoying and I have been leaving negatives for it on eBay. If shipping a single card, it needs to at least have a couple pack fillers around it or some cardboard cut outs around it to prevent bending in the mail. That's all I ask for...anything more or less is really unacceptable.

I would have to say "take it easy on the tape!"

So many people put so much tape around the cards that's its nearly impossible to remove the tape without damaging the cards. Especially people who tape the tops of top loaders down. That just drives me bonkers. It ruins the top loader first off, but have you ever had a card with foil on it get stuck to that tape, I have. I have a few cards in my 1997-98 pacific invincible collection that are missing foil along the top edge for that reason. Just team bag it. Tape that shut if need be.

(04-03-2013, 05:46 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Half the time the card arrives with those little wrinkle-like creases extending from the jersey swatch. That has been getting really annoying and I have been leaving negatives for it on eBay. If shipping a single card, it needs to at least have a couple pack fillers around it or some cardboard cut outs around it to prevent bending in the mail. That's all I ask for...anything more or less is really unacceptable.
Totally agree, nothing more irritating than getting a flexed and damaged jersey card, which happens all too frequently exactly as you describe!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Randi's Handy Hints

It happens all too often from what I have seen. I know that taking precautionary measures to ensure that the cards arrive to the other trader intact is one thing, but to have the cards damaged by said precautionary measures is crazy! I think it might be time to resurrect this thread for the sake of the newer traders. Remember, Beckett Community, we wrote this one together, and this is your thoughts too! Best wishes!

Randi

(04-03-2013, 09:11 PM)hockeynick1721 Wrote: I would have to say "take it easy on the tape!"

So many people put so much tape around the cards that's its nearly impossible to remove the tape without damaging the cards. Especially people who tape the tops of top loaders down. That just drives me bonkers. It ruins the top loader first off, but have you ever had a card with foil on it get stuck to that tape, I have. I have a few cards in my 1997-98 pacific invincible collection that are missing foil along the top edge for that reason. Just team bag it. Tape that shut if need be.

Ok, now I have heard everything. WOW!