Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Best place to sell cards

Best place to sell cards
Hi,

I'm just curious in asking the many traders, sellers and forum readers on here what they think is the best way to go about selling cards. I have been trying to sell on Craig's list for quite a while now with no luck. I know there is Ebay but they have a charge I think. I'm looking for something I can post and get a decent value for my cards. I know I will never get high book but I've only been asking like 1/3 or even 1/4 for a Football card collection that's valued at over $1600 so any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

RE: Best place to sell cards
What do you have? post pics. might be interested.
[Image: aldavis.png]

Every avenue on the internet has a fee. You can't sell online w/o someone else getting a cut. Heck listing them in the paper leads to classified ad fees.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-03-2013, 04:32 PM)raidererik Wrote: Hi,

I'm just curious in asking the many traders, sellers and forum readers on here what they think is the best way to go about selling cards. I have been trying to sell on Craig's list for quite a while now with no luck. I know there is Ebay but they have a charge I think. I'm looking for something I can post and get a decent value for my cards. I know I will never get high book but I've only been asking like 1/3 or even 1/4 for a Football card collection that's valued at over $1600 so any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
The best places to sell will have a fee. They can charge a fee.... because they know they are the best place to sell.

In any case, it depends more on what you are selling than where. If you have good stuff at a good price, people will find it. Put the stuff in your org and you might find a buyer here!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I understand most sites have fees and I'm ok with it if it's a percentage or something after a sale. I just don't have the unlimited extra funds at this time to pay to post without making a sale. I'll look into this site and see about getting pictures of what I have. If I didn't need money so bad I'd probably trade as these are mostly my doubles and stuff but I am trying not to ask for full value either but I don't know how anyone can even make decent money on their collections because everyone wants to buy dirt cheap, that's why I buy for me and not to re sale because you just can't get decent value it seems, but I'd love to get no less that 1/4 of book but that might be asking to much now days. I guess I need to organize what I have here on the site and then go from there to post?

ebay usually gives you 50 free listings a month, so you dont have any fees for listing an item, only if it sells
additionally: you can sell here for free (for now. this may change in the future) - as long as you play within the limits

to sell, you have to have your cards listed in your org, marked for sale with a sale price. as long as you keep less than 100 cards in your org, org is free. then just put a thread in the trade section of the forum.

if you have over 100, organize is 19.99 for the year (no monthly option). you also dont get values

however, if you buy an online price guide, you get org FOR FREE

just a couple options to look at

Ok that is good to know information. I wanted to sell a whole binder full because that is a best value type of buy but maybe as you said listing them individually with price might be the way to go and I'd keep it under 100. The other question is I have cards inventoried on an excel spread sheet but there is no way to attach that here so people can see who I have to sell. I don't know if it's against the rules to give out email addresses so I can email people through my email and then attach the sheet and do it that way. I don't want to rock the boat though so I just need to know if it's allowed or not. If not no big deal I'll list here, if it isn't a big deal then people can email me directly.

Ebay. If you try to sell somewhere else especially other forums, you'll learn QUICK they'll try to beat you down till it's free to them.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library