`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Another grading question - flaking

Another grading question - flaking
So, I've got a couple of cards that have a bit of flaking on the edges and have been trying to figure out what to call them in the Org grade-wise. One of them I don't care to grade, as it's trade bait, but the other (the Aaron Rodgers Rookie Hoggs auto) I have thought about getting graded, but if it grades below an 8, I don't know if it's worth it. Also, I want to make sure that if the trade bait is an 8, I list it that way, as I have it listed as a 7 at the moment. i don't have any good pics of the flaking at the moment for either of them, and I can take some if it helps with the discussion.

My question is, how much flaking does it take to drop a card to an 8, and then how much to go down to a 7? are there any examples out there that you all have that show what 8 with flaking edges look like? Just curious...

RE: Another grading question - flaking
If its noticeable then it will affect it quite a bit. I would say atleast an 8. Only thing is higher subgrades could bump it up meaning if edges got an 8 and everything else was a 9.5 you could very well get an 8.5. Only way to really know is get them graded and see.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Maybe I'll try to get some decent pictures, at least of the Montana SB replica patch card, and post that. I definitely wouldn't get that grade if I'm going to try to trade it... Thanks, though. For the most part, the Rodgers is in great condition, and I can't complain too much, I got it for a lot less than what it goes for at an 8, so even if it does only come in at 8, it was a good pick up!

Ok, so I don't know how I forgot I was going to post pictures of the Montana... Anyhow, if you got this card in a trade, would you be upset at the flaking if it was marked as an 8? Or would 7 be more appropriate?

In quite honesty you're better off using the default and notifying potential traders. Most dont pay attention to the "Beckett Grade" as many people dont use it accurately. The default is an 8 - If it comes up and someone wants it in a trade then send them a message "It has minor chipping on the edges here is a scan" that way there is no confusion and the other person knows exactly what they are getting.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(04-23-2013, 10:22 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Ok, so I don't know how I forgot I was going to post pictures of the Montana... Anyhow, if you got this card in a trade, would you be upset at the flaking if it was marked as an 8? Or would 7 be more appropriate?
I wold be upset if I got ANY montana in a trade Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's