`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun.
(04-03-2013, 08:31 AM)Burmalocity Wrote: Hey bro, I make a ton of trades and everyone I have dealt with is satisified... Obviously, I don't take the fun out of it for a majority... The only reason I take the fun out of it for you, is because I call you out on your BS. You know what takes the fun out of the hobby?? People running "competitions" and then "winning" everyone's cards when they had nobody else really had a chance to begin with.

There is no feasible way that a $5 card was turned into a Pujols Auto without some type of shady business going down... I don't know what exactly went down, but something isn't adding up.

And let's not lie to anybody here, clearly your last thread was deleted because you were called out and you were shook that people would educate themselves by reading it.

Let's also be honest about another topic, you never liked me ever since you sent me a few insulting offers that I declined. I didn't want to trade in your favor or take your basic crap off your hands for my higher end stuff and that's when this all started. Sorry that I wasn't the naive newbie that you were hoping to take advantage of. Between that and you trying to act like a moderator on the message baords, you were already on a my short list of people I try to stay away from on this site. Then when I read about things like this shady stuff going down, it just sets me off. You wonder why the newer members of this site get turned off so quickly and leave? It's because situations like these make it very hard to trust anyone. Had I been in this competition, I would had been super pissed that I basically just gave you one of my higher end cards. People running a competition shouldn't be allowed to participate, and the participants also should only send their card directly to the winner at the end of it, and the moderators should be the judges. Just throwing some suggestions out there.

So does that mean the guy who turned his $5 card into a Mattingly, or the one who turned it to a Ryan, or the one who turned it to a Miggy Auto which later somehow became a Mantle, etc all cheated too?

You calling a lot of members shady when you make these comments man. There were at least 40 traders involved in making this competition happen. Many of which are highly respected traders. You may be digging a grave here with these comments.

For you to accuse me because I won is crazy. Especially since I offered in week one to not keep any winnings because for me it was about the fun. I should also mention the competition was not even my idea. I was asked to run it and agreed.

(04-03-2013, 08:34 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Not sure what is causing this from you, but not really a class move and shows the type of person you are. Sure...there are personality conflicts and they happen all the time, but I think you took it a little too far here.

Good luck Derek.... we will miss you here. You have been a class act as far as I am concerned.
Guys like you are what made this site what it was for me to begin with. A class act who just simply wants to build a nice collection and be fair with others in doing so. I never expected to see eye to eye with everyone but I always expected to be considered an honest trustworthy person. If even one person doesn't trust me I take that every personal.

Good luck to you man. I hope others see in you what I did and continue to send to Canada. It's worth any extra cost to trade with a guy like you.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(04-03-2013, 08:48 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Look, I have no problem calling someone out if you have proof. The problem is people make accusations all the time here and can't support it. In the end it usually makes the accuser look like a fool. We are a community that should look out for each other, but there are proper ways to go about it. If you have concerns about a trader, talk to a mod first and they will handle it.
I can see your point there. And for the record, I simply agreed with another poster on the orignal thread (again, ironically deleted). This was the first time that I didn't go to a moderator when I had an issue and perhaps that would had been the best way to proceed.

As mentioned in an earlier post there have been a couple of issues between Derrick, which I think just added fuel to the fire. I have said my part, and I still stand by my opinions, and just because people don't agree with them, or can't see things from my perspective, doesn't make me wrong. I legitimately saw a red flag, and brought it to everyone's attention, I honestly thought I was doing the community a favor.

I did fly off the handle a bit, I do admit, sometimes this is what happens when we let our emotions get the better of us. It was not my intention to chase anyone out of here, I am just a very protective person in every aspect of my life. I would have an issue sending anyone anything of mine blindly without any type of invoice or documentation. It's nothing personal against Derrick, he has immaculate feedback and evidentally made many of you very happy. But looklng at the situation from a new guy's perspective and the way this particular competition worked out, it just really didn't paint a pretty picture. Of course this is naturally going to be questioned, and obviously others felt the same way because Derrick himself said he went from having 50 people interested to zero interested. Don't hate on me for pointing out the obvious.

Now, I am done with this petty BS, there are more important things in life to worry about.

(04-03-2013, 08:39 AM)Burmalocity Wrote: I don't think it is a legit goodbye... He will be back! Another member previously posted it earlier that he is constantly coming and going... Get over it, I don't like to cause trouble, but I am not going to stand by when I see something doesn't seem right... Sorry if you disagree, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I think it looks bad that he deleted the original thread, and all this stems from me agreeing with another poster who mentioned more or less, the same stuff I did.

I just don't understand how non-organized competitions like these can be ran through a beckett message board, without be moderated in some fashion by the Beckett site itself.

Don't lie man. Pyropunk never accused me of anything. He simply stated some reasons he wasn't sure about doing the competition. You are the one who went further. I think pyropunk knows I didn't faulter. His comments were about how its easier for guys like me who have friends here. That doesn't mean anything about cheating. I deleted the thread cause it was for round 2 which I no longer plan to run.

I have seen nothing but goodness coming from Derek on here. I have had a few good trades with him and will miss reading his threads. Good luck man!!
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

(04-03-2013, 08:31 AM)Burmalocity Wrote: Hey bro, I make a ton of trades and everyone I have dealt with is satisified... Obviously, I don't take the fun out of it for a majority... The only reason I take the fun out of it for you, is because I call you out on your BS. You know what takes the fun out of the hobby?? People running "competitions" and then "winning" everyone's cards when they had nobody else really had a chance to begin with.

There is no feasible way that a $5 card was turned into a Pujols Auto without some type of shady business going down... I don't know what exactly went down, but something isn't adding up.

And let's not lie to anybody here, clearly your last thread was deleted because you were called out and you were shook that people would educate themselves by reading it.

Let's also be honest about another topic, you never liked me ever since you sent me a few insulting offers that I declined. I didn't want to trade in your favor or take your basic crap off your hands for my higher end stuff and that's when this all started. Sorry that I wasn't the naive newbie that you were hoping to take advantage of. Between that and you trying to act like a moderator on the message baords, you were already on a my short list of people I try to stay away from on this site. Then when I read about things like this shady stuff going down, it just sets me off. You wonder why the newer members of this site get turned off so quickly and leave? It's because situations like these make it very hard to trust anyone. Had I been in this competition, I would had been super pissed that I basically just gave you one of my higher end cards. People running a competition shouldn't be allowed to participate, and the participants also should only send their card directly to the winner at the end of it, and the moderators should be the judges. Just throwing some suggestions out there.
I know why new guys get turned off this site.The same reason I take breaks from trading. It's the drama. If you got a personal issue with dbroockerd thats on you. No one saying you have to get along with everyone but why post this stuff on the boards. If you look at the bottom of his post there is a PM button. Use it and stop crying to everyone that you have issues with him on his thread.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(04-03-2013, 08:49 AM)chgolf82 Wrote: And for the record, the competitor was legit from day one. I witnessed the entire thing and each of the trades were good trades. People dont mind giving up a little bit extra if they are getting a card for a PC player that they could really use.
Which is why you were a judge. We all know the deals were legit. A least two guys on this competition can tell everyone first hand I stopped every trade that I felt had cheating involved. I had to PM members on a few occasions to keep others from doing this. That is why I chose to moderate the second round rather than play. If I wanted free cards wouldn't I have kept playing? I don't owe anyone anything as a result of my trades or anything. I really also didn't end much further ahead then most. The Mantle for Pujols deal I actually think was in the other guys favor for trade value. There is actually a thread about that on the vintage boards. ESA posted it there and guys all thought he came out ahead.

This guys just trying to make an excuse for the way he handles himself. It's all good. I don't need it.

(04-03-2013, 09:03 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: So does that mean the guy who turned his $5 card into a Mattingly, or the one who turned it to a Ryan, or the one who turned it to a Miggy Auto which later somehow became a Mantle, etc all cheated too?

You calling a lot of members shady when you make these comments man. There were at least 40 traders involved in making this competition happen. Many of which are highly respected traders. You may be digging a grave here with these comments.

For you to accuse me because I won is crazy. Especially since I offered in week one to not keep any winnings because for me it was about the fun. I should also mention the competition was not even my idea. I was asked to run it and agreed.

Guys like you are what made this site what it was for me to begin with. A class act who just simply wants to build a nice collection and be fair with others in doing so. I never expected to see eye to eye with everyone but I always expected to be considered an honest trustworthy person. If even one person doesn't trust me I take that every personal.

Good luck to you man. I hope others see in you what I did and continue to send to Canada. It's worth any extra cost to trade with a guy like you.
Again, it all comes back to not really "cheating" I never used that word, I just think we develop relationships with traders and become friends. The guy who submitted the Ozzie Smoth RC got it from me, he told me it was for a competition, I never in my life would had traded an Ozzie RC for a Andy Van Slyke Refractor in my life, but I had 3 of them and had a good trade history with him, so I hooked it up.

These are the kind of things I am referring too, but who is to stop it from happening on a bigger scale?

Cheating is a very harsh word, which is why I never used it. I just think that sometimes we are inclined to help our friends by human nature as the original poster I agreed with mentioned.

Again, this is too petty to deal with. I am sorry if I came off like a dick at any point. I mean that, but I still stand by my opinions and won't be participating in any competition like this unless it is run by Beckett themselves... It's nothing personal to anybody here, sometime you just gotta look out for #1.

On another note, I would appreciate it if you didn't leave the boards, we can agree to disagree, but it was never my intention to get you to leave. We are all here to have fun. We don't see eye to eye often and that is fine, I will stay out of your business, and try to avoid you, if you give me the same respect.

(04-03-2013, 08:59 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Hey Derek, I think it's obvious what most people on this site think of you. You're a class act and one that will be truly missed.

You did great things around here from the Secret Santa, gift threads, contests, etc., and kept a lot of us around when we were thinking about leaving amidst all of the mishaps by the site itself.

It's ashamed 1 bad apple had to try and make you look so bad. I think it's safe to say the positives will weed that negative out.

You're one of the best in the hobby and will surely be missed. Take care and good luck moving forward with whatever "project" comes next.

Thank you! Your a good example of what I hoped for here. We didn't always agree but we always maintained a mutual respect for each other. It's sad more guys can't be like this. Best of luck to you.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-04-03at102515AM_zpsceba281f.png]

just wanted a screen shot of you saying you had no idea how anything was ran and made a judgement call based on the results, since, deleting threads is your way of things...

DIAF...

[Image: ScreenShot2013-04-03at102941AM_zps92565e44.png]

???? then after 10 posts about this, this subject is too petty?

[Image: confused.jpg]
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

I end up having to step away from the site from time to time. There are times were you just can't get a trade done, certain people's attitudes hit you on a day that you're ready to crack as it is, or any number of things. hope to see you back Derek.
Is this thing on?