`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun.
(04-03-2013, 12:01 AM)tate31nym Wrote: peace, derek. if you want to pm me your email addy, I will let you know if I pick up any neat Royals rookie league stuff this summer.

I get PM notifications so feel free to PM me anytime.

(04-03-2013, 12:39 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Well I'm sorry your leaving man, I remember when i first started here my first sale/trade was buying an auto of Luis Gonzalez off you! I remember when i first got it I loved it so much and it made me love the hobby all over again so for that I owe you a lot! You've been a very good friend and the board is losing a great member, when I think of beckett I think of you honestly! Your the most active person here and have done a lot for this site. Whoever is accusing you of cheating is just plain stupid and its them who should leave the boards!

I still remember sending you your first Griffey auto too. I guess that is what makes this hard for me to stomach is when others act like I'm dishonest and all I have ever done is bend over backwards to help others collections along, whether free or at a cost. Good luck in all you do Ryan. My PM is always open.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(04-03-2013, 08:31 AM)Burmalocity Wrote: Hey bro, I make a ton of trades and everyone I have dealt with is satisified... Obviously, I don't take the fun out of it for a majority... The only reason I take the fun out of it for you, is because I call you out on your BS. You know what takes the fun out of the hobby?? People running "competitions" and then "winning" everyone's cards when they had nobody else really had a chance to begin with.

There is no feasible way that a $5 card was turned into a Pujols Auto without some type of shady business going down... I don't know what exactly went down, but something isn't adding up.

And let's not lie to anybody here, clearly your last thread was deleted because you were called out and you were shook that people would educate themselves by reading it.

Let's also be honest about another topic, you never liked me ever since you sent me a few insulting offers that I declined. I didn't want to trade in your favor or take your basic crap off your hands for my higher end stuff and that's when this all started. Sorry that I wasn't the naive newbie that you were hoping to take advantage of. Between that and you trying to act like a moderator on the message baords, you were already on a my short list of people I try to stay away from on this site. Then when I read about things like this shady stuff going down, it just sets me off. You wonder why the newer members of this site get turned off so quickly and leave? It's because situations like these make it very hard to trust anyone. Had I been in this competition, I would had been super pissed that I basically just gave you one of my higher end cards. People running a competition shouldn't be allowed to participate, and the participants also should only send their card directly to the winner at the end of it, and the moderators should be the judges. Just throwing some suggestions out there.
Do you even realize how many people you are saying cheating or contributed to it if that was true..? You are saying that some of the most established members on here who traded derek during the competition helped him cheat other members..Come on dude really.. everyone is telling you that you are taking this too far and to just be queit you have said the jerk like things that you wanted so leave it alone now and just try to act like you have some class..i never comment on the boards in the two and half years ive been here but man you just like to hate on good people and then keep on going...enough

[Image: jonathancard.png]

(04-03-2013, 08:34 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Not sure what is causing this from you, but not really a class move and shows the type of person you are. Sure...there are personality conflicts and they happen all the time, but I think you took it a little too far here.

Good luck Derek.... we will miss you here. You have been a class act as far as I am concerned.
Oh so it's classy to take a bunch of high end cards from people, be questioned of the legitimacy behind it, and then bail on everyone?

Sorry but that's the way it looks to me, he got questioned and is now leaving to avoid backlash... You should be thanking me for pointing this out and saving you from potentially getting ripped off too.

Your Welcome

(04-03-2013, 01:17 AM)daddys lil all star Wrote: Sucks to see you go... Good Luck!
Thanks man, you too. I hope Jacob has enjoyed the packages you have dealt with me for. I always enjoy sending to a child and helping keep the hobby alive and fun for the young ones.

(04-03-2013, 01:19 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Great, another awesome member chased off of the site. I'm not sure what caused this, but it's a shame ... good members are hard to find. Those people making accusations should be ready to step up and manage some of the popular things on this site - Secret Santa, gift thread, etc. Because the guy who ran those is now leaving/gone. I never got the chance to hammer out a trade with him, but it wasn't through lack of effort. And on more than one occasion he'd send me links to Ebay auctions for players and cards I'd mentioned or commented on in threads and I can't imagine I was the only one he did that for.
Thanks for the comments. Maybe someone will step up and take over the Secret Santa. The gift thread slowly did die off but we don't need a thread to help each other out. If a guy needs a card and you don't it seems like a waste not to help them out. To me that is part of the great fun in this hobby.

(04-03-2013, 08:41 AM)jonathancard Wrote: Do you even realize how many people you are saying cheating or contributed to it if that was true..? You are saying that some of the most established members on here who traded derek during the competition helped him cheat other members..Come on dude really.. everyone is telling you that you are taking this too far and to just be queit you have said the jerk like things that you wanted so leave it alone now and just try to act like you have some class..i never comment on the boards in the two and half years ive been here but man you just like to hate on good people and then keep on going...enough
This was the only type of competition that I ever witnessed being ran here, so I don't know of anyone else who ran one, so I don't know who ran them, how they ran them, if they participated or if they won... So I can only go off what I have seen in this instance.

Derek, you are one of the best on here and it sucks that you will be leaving. Its a shame as you were always one of the best.

I love it when people call their $30 cards, "High end". It makes me laugh actually.

(04-03-2013, 08:42 AM)Burmalocity Wrote: Oh so it's classy to take a bunch of high end cards from people, be questioned of the legitimacy behind it, and then bail on everyone?

Sorry but that's the way it looks to me, he got questioned and is now leaving to avoid backlash... You should be thanking me for pointing this out and saving you from potentially getting ripped off too.

Your Welcome
Look, I have no problem calling someone out if you have proof. The problem is people make accusations all the time here and can't support it. In the end it usually makes the accuser look like a fool. We are a community that should look out for each other, but there are proper ways to go about it. If you have concerns about a trader, talk to a mod first and they will handle it.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

And for the record, the competitor was legit from day one. I witnessed the entire thing and each of the trades were good trades. People dont mind giving up a little bit extra if they are getting a card for a PC player that they could really use.

(04-03-2013, 01:44 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I would not let what a few people think make you stop trading here. I have only stopped due to being 10,000 miles away but I plan to start again in June or July. You have never done me wrong in trades and I have never heard anyone complain about you on the boards so I would not stop trading maybe you should just take a break for a little while.

Chris, the fact is I have spent countless hours building a rep here and helping out anyone and everyone I can. I am a member of every major trade site but this is the only be I put the effort in to like that. This is also the only one I am walking away from.

I can't stomach being slammed and falsely accused of things on a site I have done so much to help. Busy of luck on your Jeter quest. Your collection is amazing already.

(04-03-2013, 02:23 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: Best of luck to you... Im sure you will be back! Its hard to stay away! We had a few differences in the past, but since ive been back nothing but good things since. Even though we have yet to do another deal since last year i would hope we could do something in the future! Take Care Buddy!!!

I don't think I will be back. I can deal on other sites and not feel like its so personal. I am used to the drama and all that on other sites but its flowing over to this site and I can't handle it here. I have always enjoyed this community because guys were honest collectors who enjoyed helping each other. Now a few bad eggs have straggled in and are ruining that for me. Now the site to me is becoming as average as the rest.

(04-03-2013, 04:52 AM)phreakyq Wrote: gonna miss you bud, hopefully we'll see you again.

Thanks! Good luck in the future. Enjoy the hobby.

(04-03-2013, 07:26 AM)beginesj Wrote: Derek I will miss you on the boards. Good Luck down the road and if you need anything PM me.
Thanks! Drop in the other site from time to time. I'll be around there.

(04-03-2013, 08:12 AM)jonathancard Wrote: dude seriously Derek has been here forever...he never tries anything shady ...he has had nothing but kindness and care for other members. so for you to say he is taking a cowards way out is so stupid..and its obvious why he deleted the thread he wasnt going to do the competition anymore so he didnt want that info out there. Are you just one of those people who likes to cause trouble and then when a person is just trying to say goodbye you want to laugh at them..really classy dude really classy.

Thanks for the comments man. I know our last deal didn't end up happening but you have always been good to me and I'll always remember the help you have me adding that silver Francoeur to my PC. Enjoy the hobby.

Hey Derek, I think it's obvious what most people on this site think of you. You're a class act and one that will be truly missed.

You did great things around here from the Secret Santa, gift threads, contests, etc., and kept a lot of us around when we were thinking about leaving amidst all of the mishaps by the site itself.

It's ashamed 1 bad apple had to try and make you look so bad. I think it's safe to say the positives will weed that negative out.

You're one of the best in the hobby and will surely be missed. Take care and good luck moving forward with whatever "project" comes next.