`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED
We have had our differences in the past but we were able to move on and put them behind us. If you do decide to leave good luck to you! May you find enjoyment on the other sites. Take care.

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun.
(04-03-2013, 01:55 PM)joba the clark Wrote: +1...I just can't understand how this all happened. We are grown adults here to share and trade with others and maybe make some friends along the way. Hey Shawn I saw you cancelled the trade before I really got a chance to give you a look. I have been busy trying to chase after my 18 month old son alllllllll dayyyyy. I rarely get a chance to sit and check for stuff unless he is napping like he is now. I will check you if you are still interested.
It's more than just this one thing guys. I posted a few weeks back about the forums rants etc. I was feeling this way then. I even took a few weeks off, maybe some of you noticed. I haven't been on daily any more posting and all that. It didn't help. I still just see negative comments and rude comments etc. I posted a thread the other day and offered a $150 MMA auto for anyone on my list and I got a PM, a comment, and a post from a guy bashing me cause a hockey great was on my list and no one would trade a hockey great for the MMA auto. Well the list also had about 50 lower valued guys as well. The bottom line was I don't need that. I don't need to constantly read bashing and insults or be bashed and insulted myself. The fun is lost. When the fun is lost then so is the purpose IMO. Every time I try to give it another chance it happens again.

All I wanted to do was have fun. This forum has brought me some great fun, some great acquaintances, and some great cards. It's also brought me some great head aches, stress, and ill feelings and that is something I can be happy without. I take great pride in what I do and in helping others do it as well. The forums bring out a side of me at times I don't like. They bring out a side of others I don't like and they ruin a hobby I love at times. That isn't something I am okay with.

(04-03-2013, 01:56 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: We have had our differences in the past but we were able to move on and put them behind us. If you do decide to leave good luck to you! May you find enjoyment on the other sites. Take care.

Those differences are petty. We always move past them. I've never once lost respect for you. Your a great asset to this site and for that I am grateful. I'm happy to know when I step away guys like you will be here to carry on. Take care man!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

you will be missed my me in addition to the ton of people who also commented. i haven't been on here long but from what i have read and experienced, you were a great trader and in addition a great helper. when i was starting off i remember asking you tons of questions and you responding positively and understandingly no mater how obscure or basic the question was. i also appreciate any transaction that we have done in the past. hopefully all of these post persuade you that your may have been disliked by few (as we all are) but like and respected my the hundreds of others. hope to hear from you again some day.

to a legend and future HOF member Derek

New to this so don't know much about you but seems pretty clear to me that you were one of the most important members on this site and although I don't know all you did to help the site its obvious alot of voids will be opened but I am sure people can pitch in to make everything run smoothly, good luck and keep collecting man!

Thanks for everything you have done for the site. Hope to see you around on some of the other sites. Take care and good luck with everything.

Thanks for some of the sweet Griffey oddballs & promo's man. Best of Luck - I actually had picked up a Thomas card from a show to throw in for you the next time we had a trade.

Wow. Eight pages in and I just noticed this thread. Derek, I too am sorry to see you leave if that's what you choose to do. Thanks for all the deals you've done with me. My collection is much greater because of you. Several cards I've received from you are featured on my personal website including the Johnny Bench GU I pulled from your "Random HOFer packs" you put together a couple of years ago. Other than that disturbing picture of Frank Thomas in a Royals hat, I think all of your contributions to this site have been worthwhile. May you once again find the happiness that is currently eluding you. Take care.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-03-2013, 03:18 PM)zeprock Wrote: Other than that disturbing picture of Frank Thomas in a Royals hat, I think all of your contributions to this site have been worthwhile.
Even his Frank Thomas contributed to the site. When he first made that his avatar I got to thinking about seeing if someone could make Mike Sweeney wearing Yankee’s hat. Then I talk myself out of it, saying I shouldn’t copy his idea and let him have his own unique avatar. I would have loved it but I bet other traders would have seen it as more disturbing than Derek’s, especially KC collectors.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

This is a guy who gave me a Ken Griffey Jr auto for free, a guy who has driven this site for all of my time here and has been everything to Beckett! This thread has gone from 3 posts when I went to sleep to 8 pages in less than a day, pretty easy to see how important you are here man! I hope you aren't gone forever if but if you are this site will go backward. Either way whether it's a day or forever you will be missed and I wish you nothing but the best man!!!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

It's very sad to see that you're leaving. You've done so much to make the Beckett forum more enjoyable with contests, giveaways, intriguing PC projects etc... I feel the boards will be at a huge loss without you. Not to mention losing a invaluable trading partner. I hope the best for you.