`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers Jordan - Wrong Photo shown in Database

1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers Jordan - Wrong Photo shown in Database
While adding the card to my Organize I realized the wrong picture is being shown for the 95-96 Flair Hot Numbers Michael Jordan card.
Can this be corrected?

RE: 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers Jordan - Wrong Photo shown in Database
(04-02-2013, 07:10 PM)sonic311 Wrote: While adding the card to my Organize I realized the wrong picture is being shown for the 95-96 Flair Hot Numbers Michael Jordan card.
Can this be corrected?
The problem with pictures is any Joe can add a photo whether it is the right one or not.

You can probably contact beckett and ask them to delete it and then you or someone else can upload the correct one.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(04-02-2013, 08:24 PM)briankort Wrote: The problem with pictures is any Joe can add a photo whether it is the right one or not.

You can probably contact beckett and ask them to delete it and then you or someone else can upload the correct one.
No, not anyone can add pics of cards to the database...
Yes, we can all add pics but Beckett wont change them even though they are correct...
I have hundreds of MJ cards in my org that don't show the pics I have uploaded...
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

no, brian is actually right. back when they used to add pics that users uploaded (it's been years_), users got it wrong all the time. and since there was no real check and balance...they stayed wrong

which is why users dont have the ability to add pictures now: because the masses are bleeping morons

and im glad they stopped it

Actually if Beckett could have figured out some type of rating system that would have allowed the users to identify the correct picture then they would have a whole lot more photos and a much greater percentage would be correct. Also wouldnt this be kind of fun and generate more traffic? Instead Beckett decided to go with the lazy approach and we have what we do now with 10%(?) incorrect and a much higher percentage with no pictures at all. Although jacobystealshome is correct, stupid is everywhere, there is always a more elegant solution.
 photo mjheader.jpg

Thanks for the information guys. I'll shoot an email to Rob Springs as he's helped me in the past with cards missing in the Database and also correcting card numbers.
I like your rating system idea zinger82, maybe this is an opportunity for Beckett to improve this process.

(04-03-2013, 09:30 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Thanks for the information guys. I'll shoot an email to Rob Springs as he's helped me in the past with cards missing in the Database and also correcting card numbers.
I like your rating system idea zinger82, maybe this is an opportunity for Beckett to improve this process.
From what I have seen you can click on the "No Image Available" icon and if users have uploaded their own those will pop up. That being the case they are already 80% there on adding a user approval system, all they would need is a "Agree" button under the pending photo and then allow that photo to become the system photo once 'x' amount of users have clicked the agree button.

EDIT - Also this system could be used to remove incorrect photos and offer the correct version for user approval.
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

(04-03-2013, 09:30 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Thanks for the information guys. I'll shoot an email to Rob Springs as he's helped me in the past with cards missing in the Database and also correcting card numbers.
Update:
I got a response from Rob Springs and he said he is no longer with Beckett. Just wanted to give the heads up in case others here also contacted him for support. He did provide me with a new contact so I'll be shooting an email to that person regarding this. I'll keep you guys posted.