`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you grade this Autograph?

How would you grade this Autograph?
So I read that it is very easy to eye grade autos.

As long as it isn't smeared or faded, it receives a 10.

But I still have a little trouble with it.

What would you grade the attached autograph pic?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff40...ograph.png

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: How would you grade this Autograph?
(04-02-2013, 06:37 PM)Drewbrusca Wrote: So I read that it is very easy to eye grade autos.

As long as it isn't smeared or faded, it receives a 10.

But I still have a little trouble with it.

What would you grade the attached autograph pic?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff40...ograph.png

Thanks
Probably a 10, but just barely. There's more to grading Autos than just smears and fading. There's streaking (per your example) & ink flow (where the ink starts and stops). And on sticker Autos, when the Auto runs off the sticker. The next one is hard to explain. When the Auto is boxed in, if any part of the Auto touches any part of the box, you lose points. Depending on how much or how many times the Auto touches the box will depend on the grade. The lowest grade that you can get is a 5. Personally, the lowest grade that one of my card's has received is an 8.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If I were to bet on it I'd say a 9 but depending on what side of the bed the grader woke up on it there is a slight chance on a 10.

I'd bet on a 10. There's some streaking, but I don't think that should harm it much.

I say 10 also, some streaking, but the line is smooth and consistent with no stopping and starting. Good slant and the strokes are strong. It looks pretty good for one of his autos.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

10. I've seen some horrible autos get 10's, as long as it isn't streaked or run off the card or sticker it'll pass no problem.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

It is a 10.

I was looking at buying this but I felt like it was a bit streaking and I felt like it looked like it should possibly be lower.

And judging from some of Harper's other cards.. He's very inconsistent with his signing so a 10 is slightly harder to come by..

Either way, if an auto is graded a 10 by Beckett.. It shouldn't be docked value for the autograph..

(04-03-2013, 08:45 AM)Drewbrusca Wrote: It is a 10.

I was looking at buying this but I felt like it was a bit streaking and I felt like it looked like it should possibly be lower.

And judging from some of Harper's other cards.. He's very inconsistent with his signing so a 10 is slightly harder to come by..

Either way, if an auto is graded a 10 by Beckett.. It shouldn't be docked value for the autograph..
That's where personal preference comes into play.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!