`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Redemption's ???

Topps Redemption's ???
How many others out there are waiting a year or more for a Topps Redemption Card. Send letters, emails and get no response. I'm sure there are millions of dollars of these cards which have not be sent to the collector. Topps lists these wonderful cards on there boxes, but when the collection is produced these cards don't exist. Would love to find an attorney to file a class action on all these manufactures who make these claims without the product.

RE: Topps Redemption's ???
Still waiting on some for 2-3 years. I asked for replacements and they keep telling me to please wait
I am not the type to get a Lawer involved
I just wish upper deck or donruss would come back to give some compitition
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I pulled redemptions for both of the triple relic autos pictured on the box from 2012 Triple Threads (Verlander/Fielder/Cabrera and Kershaw/Ethier/Kemp). Neither have been made or shipped. It's ridiculous.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I have several I have waited for a long time..
Contact them is hit or miss..depends on the day and time..
When I have contacted them, they have been helpful though..
Redemptions are a big mess and are probably illegal if someone took the time to take to court..

Why can't topps just get rid of redemptions if the cards aren't ready then don't put them in the set
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I've been waiting years on Panini ones, but Topps acts good to me.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

So far, so good. Topps has eventually sent me every redemption. I just got 2 more this week and I have 4 pending right now.... 1 for over a year. I spoke to someone last month and he said the card is listed as near completed and I can wait or get it replaced. It was my choice and I decided to wait for it. Waited this long ... another month or 3 won't make a difference in the great scheme of things. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Still waiting on some from last year. It really is ridiculous. You shouldn't make promises for cards you don't have in stock.

As much as I'd like to place full blame on Topps, a good share of the responsibility has to fall on the players - at least the ones that are still alive. They're contracted and paid to sign and some of them just don't bother to do it - Matt Harvey and Matt Kemp come to mind, as I personally waited almost a year for Harvey and I know there's several people on these boards that are waiting on Kemp cards.

If Topps produces the cards and releases the checklsits and it gets close to ship date and the players haven't come in or returned the cards/stickers/etc., there's not much else they can do. If you pull an auto of a big name star or hot rookie that's been advertised, you're going to alienate even more people - canceling presales, reducing orders, etc.

The one area where Topps should be held 100% accountable is on deceased players. I can see how you might not want to put the ridiculously high-value ones into a pack for fear of it getting damaged, the cards should be produced and ready to ship so that when someone enters the redemption code they can have it ASAP.
Kepler

In the industry the players placed on the redemption cards are only possible additions to the sets. Topps/Panini/Upper Deck none of them are sure on 100% of these people when the publish the sell sheets or the checklists. That is directly from the company reps a few years ago when we talked about redemptions. They are like lottery tickets some will be good but most will be bad. I personally won't hold any unless I know the card is live or if it's something I will take a year or two gamble to get. My biggest problem is the experation time and poor replacement system. They should be liable to every card they put out. Not just you have 2 years to redeem this or we move on and your stuck with nothing. The replacement system of sorry we don't have that we'll get you something else..not what you want, not the player promised but many times some random left over card. Some high end cards never get packed out and are held back just for this reason??? How can you checklist a product and not put all the cards in the checklist into the product, but hold some back to redeem for other cards? Redemptions are the second biggest scam in the industry behind the memoribila rackett.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace