`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What can I do about a messed up bid?

What can I do about a messed up bid?
So with Ebay's new little handy pop up window in the Bids/Offers screen, I made a drastic mistake and increased my bid on something when I meant to increase the bid on something else. That little window blocks the top bid, but I thought it was for the one below it and increased my bid.
What can I do? I've already contacted the seller like, minutes before it ended. And ebay wont allow me to retract a bid after a certain time period...
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

RE: What can I do about a messed up bid?
you can retract the bid, select the number of bidders near the auction price, go to the more about bidding hotspot and select that, go about half way down the page and there is a retracting your bid hotspot select that about a third of the way down the page is a best offer cancelation plan and follow the instructions.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

(03-31-2013, 05:37 AM)titansaussiefan Wrote: you can retract the bid, select the number of bidders near the auction price, go to the more about bidding hotspot and select that, go about half way down the page and there is a retracting your bid hotspot select that about a third of the way down the page is a best offer cancelation plan and follow the instructions.
exactly what he said! i had this happen to me few weeks ago.. thought i was gonna REALLY over pay for something i didnt want THAT bad.. did what titansaussiefan said and worked out great.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Can't the bid was under the time constraint and was ending. I had literally minutes before I realized what had happened to contact Ebay and the seller...
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!

all you can do is see if the seller is willing to cancel your win. as a seller, i get upset when a bidder doesn't pay, but at least if you're up front it'll allow the seller to relist as soon as possible.

everyone makes mistakes, but again, buyers also have to be aware of what they're doing because it does cost a seller to relist, and chances are, especially on newer items, sellers get more during the first week of a release as opposed to the week after. when you input a bid amount on the bay, it also double checks with you before putting in a bid...so it's not like it automatically places the bid.

hopefully in your situation, the seller is open to working with you. good luck!

(03-31-2013, 05:30 PM)kstjst Wrote: all you can do is see if the seller is willing to cancel your win. as a seller, i get upset when a bidder doesn't pay, but at least if you're up front it'll allow the seller to relist as soon as possible.

everyone makes mistakes, but again, buyers also have to be aware of what they're doing because it does cost a seller to relist, and chances are, especially on newer items, sellers get more during the first week of a release as opposed to the week after. when you input a bid amount on the bay, it also double checks with you before putting in a bid...so it's not like it automatically places the bid.

hopefully in your situation, the seller is open to working with you. good luck!
Yeah but under time contraints with two bids coming to a close, that stupid pop window does no justice. I knew that new feature would mess me up!

That is why I use a sniping service and NEVER place bids on eBay...