`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysteries--2013 Opening Day and 1988 OpeeChee

Mysteries--2013 Opening Day and 1988 OpeeChee
So first off apparently Opening Day has short prints, but I can't find any info in Beckett. I have found outside sources but let me just say I find the info from fellow Beckett members more trustworthy than "SUPER SHORT PRINT EXTRA EXTRA RARE?" Ebay guy.

[Image: prince002.jpg]

Oh and just for fun this was in the box also...

[Image: mrmet006.jpg]

Now for the larger head scratcher. I bought a few 5000ct boxes from a classified add, and this was in it (also same thing with a Joe Carter and Rapheal Palmeiro, and a small stack of the Box Bottom cards, but the Box Bottom cards look like they were professionally cut instead of somebody with a pair or scissors.).

[Image: opcblank005.jpg]

Once again I have found outside Beckett sources claiming that these were photo proofs to check the quality control of the cards and limited to 50 copies, and once again no info in Beckett. So who has run across these before (and I would assume since it is OpeeChee, Topps would be the same).
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: Mysteries--2013 Opening Day and 1988 OpeeChee
You did pretty well on the Opening Day cards. There are a handful of fairly SP variations. I don't remember seeing anything about Fielder, but there are others that are based around celebrations and press conferences, so it seems to fit in. The stated odds for those, on the wrapper, are 1:617 packs.

The mascot autograph is pretty rare, too, though I wonder who actually signs it, and if there's really any value, rare or not. Those listed odds are 1:925 packs.

I don't know anything about the O-Pee-Chee, although box bottoms was my first guess, as well. That back doesn't look like the normal O-Pee-Chee card stock, but like I said I don't know anything about those.

(03-30-2013, 06:24 PM)dpatera Wrote: I don't know anything about the O-Pee-Chee, although box bottoms was my first guess, as well. That back doesn't look like the normal O-Pee-Chee card stock, but like I said I don't know anything about those.
Thanks for the info on the Prince card. I found listings/write ups about some of the other sp (Dickey, Reyes, Harper) but like you can't find squat on Prince. Looking at the odds you posted this was one lucky box to buy! The back of the Mr. Met says "The Signing of All Autographs is Witnessed by A Topps Representative etc..." So I can just picture the guy sitting there with the Mr. Met head on signing away Smile. Ya the OPeeChees are not Box Cards, I have the entire Box Card set and these are the fronts of the standard cards. The Box cards are Blue Bordered on the front and have different pictures than the standard cards and information about the player in both English and French printed on the back. But some of the blank backs I have are the Box Card Fronts with the same blank type backs, not the same type of cardboard as a wax box. I just find it hard to believe I have a stack of Rare 1980s blank back photo proof cards limited to 50 copies sitting on my desk.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

look at the BV on those auto's -amazing. I can't understand why the Phillies one is so much higher than anyone else. Looks like a heck of a box
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney