`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Break Preview

2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Break Preview
The local Wal-Mart put these blasters out a little bit early it seems... so naturally I grabbed a couple! I'll post scans late tonight or tomorrow, I like to break my new packs slowly.

UPDATE: Here's Box 1!
[Image: 2013032921281696.jpg]

Top Row: Base Cards of Robinson Cano and Ernie Banks
Bottom Row: SP Lou Boudreau, SP Orlando Cepeda, Blue Framed Parallel of Bob Feller #234/499 (Beautiful card!)
[Image: img0014nb.jpg]

Minis: Top Left - Mini Black Tyler Colvin #68/199
[Image: img0015xjp.jpg]

Other Inserts:
[Image: 2e3d7xe.jpg]

First Impression: Gypsy Queen is a big thumbs up! The blaster boxes are a great deal for set builders. Your odds of autos and relics are low, but $19.99 for 8 packs sure beats the $100 for 24 packs that the Hobby Boxes are going for. There's no guarantee on any "hits" in the box, but it is what it is. Each pack has 1 mini card inside and there's a mini for almost every base card.

This is my first GQ box and I really like the design. The design is beautiful and simple. For the first time that annoying "GYPSY QUEEN" header at the top doesn't seem so overbearing. The player shots are incredible, especially the shots of past players. The back doesn't have any statistics, but each card features an interesting bit of info on the player.

Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Break Preview
Check me for the minis!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

First pack had a black mini #'d 68/199! Tyler Colvin of the Rockies

Dang I cant wait until my Walmart gets the blaster. I keep checking everyday.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(03-29-2013, 09:58 PM)beginesj Wrote: Dang I cant wait until my Walmart gets the blaster. I keep checking everyday.
Yeah, there's one per retail pack and they're beautiful. This is easily my favorite set of the year so far. The cardstock feels GREAT, the border design is beautiful but not overbearing and the player photos are outstanding.

Updated with scans from box 1

really good looking set this year and it looks very retail friendly too, not much is tagged hobby only

I love that Abbott no hitter card!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Got 4 boasters from my Walmart today from that I got two black minis 2 blue frame of 500 and the grand finale. David freeze auto

I think I'm going to do these instead of Allan and ginter this year.

Definitely. I like A&G, but this has less random non-baseball related inserts. Plus I really like the backs. I enjoy the idea of A&G's backs with the written out statistics, but they get pretty boring after a while. I like to read each card and these GQ backs are very interesting.