`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Keeper League Philosophy

OT: Keeper League Philosophy
I'm kinda curious about the way different people approach their fantasy keeper league. I am in a league that has staying power, and isn't going to be gone after next season. It is a 12 team $300 budget auction league with a $50 buy in. The way I look at it is I can lose for 3-4 years because if I can win years 5 or 6, or both it pays off. I follow prospects, so my roster has enough good vets to keep me competitive, but HEAVY on young players that is a couple of years I think the team could be unstoppable. Last year I got in to Trout at $9, and will be less than $30 with a 5 year extension. Last season I also got Goldschmidt, Wieters, Plouffe, Teheran, Hultzen, Cishek and Taillon for amounts small enough to comfortably sign to 5 year contracts. This season I drafted Lawrie(might not be able to keep him) Jesus Montero, Yelich, T. Bauer, Jose Fernandez and Dylan Bundy. Many of these prospects I got for a buck. Everyone figures they need to win now. My bench is mostly taken with prospects, so I can't handle many injuries, but I think it will pay off. Am I crazy? How do you do it?
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

RE: OT: Keeper League Philosophy
I got into one last year where I inherited an awful roster. So I traded off the veterans I had for up and coming guys and spent the entire draft stockpiling guys that could help me down the road. I punted last year and maybe this one, but I was able to build a core around Bruce, Freeman, Montero, Trumbo, Bundy, Teheran, Minor and Bundy.

So, if it's a long-term thing I have no problem giving away a season or two for success down the line.
Kepler

(03-29-2013, 12:39 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I got into one last year where I inherited an awful roster. So I traded off the veterans I had for up and coming guys and spent the entire draft stockpiling guys that could help me down the road. I punted last year and maybe this one, but I was able to build a core around Bruce, Freeman, Montero, Trumbo, Bundy, Teheran, Minor and Bundy.

So, if it's a long-term thing I have no problem giving away a season or two for success down the line.
I like it! I'm hoping some of my guys develop so I can afford to steal Kepler next year. I might not do it this way if it was more than $50, but for that it is worth it.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

You can probably hold off on Kepler for a while. Given the way the Twins promote and develop, it'll probably be 2016 before he arrives. Twins baseball won't be much fun this year or next, but there's some potential there.

2016 could be an OF of Kepler, Hicks and Buxton, IF of Harrison, Rosario, Santana and Sano, with Arcia at DH and Mauer catching. Now if the pitching just comes around there could be some fantasy studs to look at.
Kepler

No Parmelee? I have liked that guys since he was in High School.
Anderson(RB)

They could use him as another trade chip to get more pitching or a legit SS. EIther that or he'll be at first and Harrison won't be up by then.
Kepler