`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
DA BULLS!!!

RE: DA BULLS!!!
(03-28-2013, 11:06 AM)bengu Wrote: briankort you're just a weirdo in general... so not even going to bother with you.

The HUGE difference between Kobe, MJ, or any of the other truly all time greats is they don't disappear or make excuses during big moments. LeBron is overrated. End of story.

Back on topic... Glad the Bulls ended the pathetic streak. If I had to hear that word again with it not relating to the Undertaker I would've broke my tv lol Smile
okay, honestly: i thought to be a member on the boards you had to be 18 years old.

briankort I can have any debate with anyone about LeBron & win. With you though I'd rather not cause you honestly creep me out. You look like a s-offender in your avi. And please stop P.M'ing me with your insults. And no I don't want to buy your LeBron jersey card. And stop asking for my phone number. It's freakin weird bro.

(03-28-2013, 01:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: okay, honestly: i thought to be a member on the boards you had to be 18 years old.
+1 haha thank you! My thoughts exactly.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Well this took a turn for the worst. Nothing better than a good ol' slobber knocker on the basketball forums!

...*gets the popcorn*
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-28-2013, 01:38 PM)bengu Wrote: briankort I can have any debate with anyone about LeBron & win. With you though I'd rather not cause you honestly creep me out. You look like a s-offender in your avi. And please stop P.M'ing me with your insults. And no I don't want to buy your LeBron jersey card. And stop asking for my phone number. It's freakin weird bro.
Thanks for taking this too far. I have reported you to the MODS and hopefully you will be banned from these forums.

For everyone else, not that I really need to say this, but I have not sent him any PM's, didn't ask him to buy any of my cards and of course don't want his phone number.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I usually stay away from these topics but I've been watching basketball for 30 plus years and comparing today's players with the ones from previous generations doesn't bode well for today's players.
In the 80's you had to be strong (a man, tough to play in the NBA) every team had a tuff guy in the middle that would throw you on the floor for coming inside the paint. In the 80's you had to have skill and toughness to play every night those guys faced teams with tons of talent. Isiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Dominique Wilkins and a ton of other guys faced each other every night. In todays NBA the talent level is way down especially with the big fellas. Of course the great players of today which are all guards or SF's have an easier time putting numbers up as there is no one inside to stop them and they're not facing stiff competition every night like the guys from the 80's and 90's.

The 90's was the decade of big men Jordan had to face the likes of Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, hell even players like Vlade Divac inside the paint. Today's NBA players have to face who inside, Dwight Howard? The competition was stiffer and much more talented back in the 90's compared to today's NBA. Every team at least 80% had 2 stars on them back then, and today you can make the playoffs with a losing record and actually compete against the #1 seed which is a joke! Lebron is talented but to compare him to Jordan is a joke. He doesn't face a Drexler, Pippen, Dominique, Magic, Bird, Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Shaq, Zo, Stockton, Malone, Glove/Kemp, Barkley every night. The NBA needs to take steps and make these guys stay in school longer so they can learn the fundamentals of the game and get rid of guaranteed contracts so we can actually see these guys put forth 110 percent every night, and have basic basketball fundamentals! There are way to many guys chasing the bucks in today's NBA instead of chasing rings. IS Lebron good? Hell yes hes the best in today's watered down talent pool and it is no fault of his own but to compare him to the generation before him where the talent pool was much deeper isn't fair to him or the old guys. What ever happen to 2 steps or 2 1/2 step rule for the stars in the NBA? I've saw Lebron take 4 steps jump in the air come down on both feet and then take another step to the basket, and I guess I'm a hater for watching this? Lebron is great in today's NBA but if he would've played a generation or 2 in front of this one he would be nothing more than a Scottie Pippen and that's not a knock on him, Scottie was great and was one hell of a defender and all around player, Lebron isn't quite there with Pip yet, but if he keeps improving his D he will be.
Also let me add this; don't hate on Lebron for teaming up with Wade and Bosh. It's not their fault the talent pool is what it is today in the NBA. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, and Horace Grant before that. Olajuwon had Drexler and some other damn good players around him as well. Kobe had Shaq and some other guys thrown in as well. At least these 3 players want to win and that is a lot more than I can say for some of these other guys from this generation.
(03-28-2013, 06:24 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: look, this is simple:

the most dominant pro player of all-time: shaq (keep reading before you get your panties in a wad)
the most dynamic player: magic johnson
the best defensive player of all-time: bill russell
the most clutch player of all-time: jordan
the best athlete: wilt chamberlain
the best all-around player of all-time: lebron

now that lebron has learned to play in the paint, post up, and has turned his passing skills from that area into artwork...i give him the nod. He can play all 5 positions in today's NBA, and it's players like him that are evolving the game from the whole pg-sg-sf-pf-c structure
I agree with everything you said minus Shaq. Shaq didn't dominate until those other big guys hung their sneakers up. Olajuwon was possibly the greatest center I've ever seen play the game and that stretches back to the early 80's. Remember the finals of Shaq Vs Olajuwon? Hakeem schooled the young Shaq as did the other centers from then. I know what you are saying about Shaq and his domination though, but it wasn't complete domination when he faced the other talented 7 footers from then.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

I dont agree. if it were the 80's, youd be saying the 70's was a better era. The league is totally different now. And the next generation will say the same. They can't be compared. yes there were more "big" men, but that almost 2 decades of big men compared to less than a decade of what youre comparing it to. Like I said, humans have selective memories and remember the great, not the bad.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

players are a hell of a lot bigger, faster now than 80's and 80's

(03-29-2013, 01:51 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: players are a hell of a lot bigger, faster now than 80's and 80's
I really don't see how they are bigger and faster. Look how big guys like Barkely, and even an Anthony Mason was then compared to the bean poles of today.
(03-29-2013, 01:44 PM)quavis Wrote: I dont agree. if it were the 80's, youd be saying the 70's was a better era. The league is totally different now. And the next generation will say the same. They can't be compared. yes there were more "big" men, but that almost 2 decades of big men compared to less than a decade of what youre comparing it to. Like I said, humans have selective memories and remember the great, not the bad.
No actually I wouldn't say the 70's players were better than the guys from the 80's or 90's. Now the guys from the 60's minus the 6 foot centers were better than players from the 70's. I still watch basketball today and I have no team or players I really root for, I just enjoy watching basketball in general. Today's players lack fundamentals that the guys from previous generation had. You didn't see point guards or guards in general missing free throws and wide open 12 footers.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]