Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Ebay Grab? Babe Ruth Game Used Relic
Thumbs Up 
Epic Ebay Grab? Babe Ruth Game Used Relic
I picked this bad boy up on Ebay last week for $128. Just arrived in the mail. The auction ended around 11:00 AM CST last Thursday. Feel like I did pretty good for myself. I can't find any imperfections with my jeweler's loupe, which is a nice bonus. Anything you see on here including that scratch/line is dust, my scanner or the penny sleeve.

[Image: 2hewxft.jpg]
[Image: 2eq48dh.jpg]

(Also EBAY 1/1!!! It's card #9 which is Ruth's jersey number squared!!!!)
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: Epic Ebay Grab? Babe Ruth Game Used Relic
Congrats on your pick up!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Congrats.
As nice as it is, I wouldnt have bought it with that wording on the back. That wood could be from a coffee table that Cliff Flyodd set his drink down on. lol

I feel like cards like this are so watered. Anything babe ruth like this should be numbered to 5 or 10

Congrats on your great deal. Getting it graded? If so good luck...hope you get a 10.....its a great card.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

sweet card!! I'd get it graded.

(03-27-2013, 07:53 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Congrats.
As nice as it is, I wouldnt have bought it with that wording on the back. That wood could be from a coffee table that Cliff Flyodd set his drink down on. lol
+1, in this case it is most likely a piece of the bench as Topps has done that before for Babe Ruth cards and tried to pawn them off as bat cards. While it is a nice card, I personally wouldn't have paid that much for it considering the vagueness of description of the memorabilia piece.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

That's fair, but at $128 I think I can easily "liquidate" it at any time this season and make my money back. Until then I can enjoy it!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I like it because I actually had no idea about that wins above replacement factoid. Pretty impressive.

Very nice.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]