`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Heritage Target black border variations?

2013 Heritage Target black border variations?
Hi - last week, I purchased several 3-pack packages of 2013 Topps Heritage cards. Each of these packages had a separate 3-pack of cards that have black borders (on the front like the red Target and blue Wal-Mart variants). I have looked everywhere for some mention of these and I can't find anything. They're not chrome or refractors. They are plain black and appear to exact duplicates of the cards in the base set - only with a black border instead of a white border. Does anyone know anything about these and whether they are more or less valuable than the other variations? Thanks! - rick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2013 Heritage Target black border variations?
Yeah those come in the value packs where you get 3 loose packs and then a 3 card value pack.

They do this with Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome. First I've heard of it being done with Heritage though.

Generally they aren't worth a ton I'd say the value is probably in line with the Blue and Red border exclusives. They aren't generally numbered or anything so the production run is always assumed to be pretty high even though you only get 3 to a pack.

scans would help a ton, welcome to the forums!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Here is a pic I found of them on ebay

[Image: T2eC16dHJIIE9qTYLiO2BRTIvNjLtw60_57_zpsaf40fdb2.jpg]

Thanks, everyone! I just attached a scan of the front and back of one of the cards I pulled. I also got lucky and pulled a Bundy/Machado rookie, and a Profar rookie, as well as several other decent cards. I was hoping that this were going to rarer than the standard Target Red or Wal Mart Blue since they seem to only be found in the 3-pack packages.

just a heads up, attachments dont work here. Upload the pix to photobucket and post the img code

They did these with Heritage last year, too. To the best of my knowledge they're not exclusive to Target or Walmart like the reds and blues, just a retail exclusive. They're similar to the gold-framed ones that came in the 3-packs of Gypsy Queen and the color variations in Chrome and Platinum.
Kepler

(03-26-2013, 12:45 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: They did these with Heritage last year, too. To the best of my knowledge they're not exclusive to Target or Walmart like the reds and blues, just a retail exclusive. They're similar to the gold-framed ones that came in the 3-packs of Gypsy Queen and the color variations in Chrome and Platinum.
+1

Did not know they did the blacks again this year. Last year they paralleled the Chrome set. So there will probably be 100 of those.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Actually they did this with the 2011 Heritage set. The black bordered cards are more valuable. You can look up 2011 prices and compare the black bordered to the base to get an idea of how much more they are valued at.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html