`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Cow, Topps Sent Me 6 Packs of Silver Slate! UPDATED WITH SCANS!

Holy Cow, Topps Sent Me 6 Packs of Silver Slate! UPDATED WITH SCANS!
Couldn't believe it, was only supposed to get two:

[Image: Slate1_zps08ed7ed2.jpg]

[Image: Slate2_zpsd80b4b9e.jpg]

[Image: Slate3_zpsff31918f.jpg]

And the big boys:

[Image: Slate4_zps7fc9334b.jpg]

The highlights were a Jurickson Profar RC, and the following "silvers" numbered to 10:

Evan Longoria (10/10, eBay 1/1, LOL)

Starlin Castro (09/10)

Justin Masterson (06/10)

Anyway, I MIGHT be tempted to swap the Profar for a Trout from the same set (MIGHT), and as for the other three I'd be happy to take offers.

I'm pretty much looking to trade any/all of these for Mike Trout cards I do not have, so if you're interested please feel free to PM me and we'll go from there.

I pulled four Yankees but currently have a deal in the works. If it falls through I will post them ... McGahee, Martin, Lowe and an A-Rod checklist, Chase to 3,000 hits.

Thanks! RJ

RE: Holy Cow, Topps Sent Me 6 Packs of Silver Slate!
So YOU'RE the reason they hit 10,000 so soon...
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Get any Yankees?

(03-25-2013, 08:14 PM)cross4444 Wrote: So YOU'RE the reason they hit 10,000 so soon...
Yeah, I was just saying last week after everyone else got theirs that I was hoping just to get one, even though I had two coming.

I mailed them out the first day they were allowed to be postmarked, but I didn't expect that many.

If I wasn't me, I'd be pi--ed, too. LOL
(03-25-2013, 09:34 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: Get any Yankees?
Yep, a few. PM replied, sir!

Still haven't received mine, so I called topps today, they said the tracking # says I got it. They told me that they're going to double check and see, but maybe a neighbor got it by accident? I don't know? While I had them on the phone, I asked about 2 redemptions that were marked as shipped, but I never received. They told me they weren't shipped yet. Seems that they package them, mark them shipped but they stay at the fulfillment center until they have 10000 pieces to mail. That answered a lot of questions as to why things from topps comes in waves.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-25-2013, 11:51 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Still haven't received mine, so I called topps today, they said the tracking # says I got it. They told me that they're going to double check and see, but maybe a neighbor got it by accident? I don't know? While I had them on the phone, I asked about 2 redemptions that were marked as shipped, but I never received. They told me they weren't shipped yet. Seems that they package them, mark them shipped but they stay at the fulfillment center until they have 10000 pieces to mail. That answered a lot of questions as to why things from topps comes in waves.
Blue waves. LOL

Man, that's frustrating.

(03-25-2013, 11:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Blue waves. LOL
Man, that's frustrating.
LOL
Frustrating, but not totally unexpected. Hopefully the tracking will help to locate them ... If not, there's not a whole lot that can be done.
I'd be more upset if the missing cards were a redemption that I've been waiting on for a year. They told me that my Ty Cobb relic was almost done and almost ready to ship. I got that redemption about 13 months ago! THAT is frustrating Smile

Happy that you got yours, and more. You did good. Maybe when they locate mine, I got a bonus pack or three, also. (I can dream, can't I?) LOL
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-26-2013, 12:08 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: LOL
Frustrating, but not totally unexpected. Hopefully the tracking will help to locate them ... If not, there's not a whole lot that can be done.
I'd be more upset if the missing cards were a redemption that I've been waiting on for a year. They told me that my Ty Cobb relic was almost done and almost ready to ship. I got that redemption about 13 months ago! THAT is frustrating Smile

Happy that you got yours, and more. You did good. Maybe when they locate mine, I got a bonus pack or three, also. (I can dream, can't I?) LOL
I almost didn't post, because I didn't want to be "that guy" that everyone secretly wants to punch in the junk.

I truly was shocked when I got the envelope, because I wasn't waiting on anything else from Topps (other than a Presidential redemption, TBA?, LOL) ... and was even more stunned to see how many they put in there.

It actually kind of bothered me because I've been on the other end of something like that dozens of times (Black Friday, for example, because my LCS either keeps the packs or buys his product third-hand so he doesn't get any) ... and I don't want to think I'm responsible for X amount of other collectors not getting their packs.

But, I'll make it up to everybody, I'll post the scans and people can have at it, trade-wise.

I'm really not too attached to anything I pulled, except maybe the Profar.

RE: Holy Cow, Topps Sent Me 6 Packs of Silver Slate! UPDATED WITH SCANS!
I will add these to my org for trade as soon as they are listed in the OPG.

Added scans, see top. Thanks! RJ

(03-26-2013, 01:04 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I almost didn't post, because I didn't want to be "that guy" that everyone secretly wants to punch in the junk.
I truly was shocked when I got the envelope, because I wasn't waiting on anything else from Topps (other than a Presidential redemption, TBA?, LOL) ... and was even more stunned to see how many they put in there.
It actually kind of bothered me because I've been on the other end of something like that dozens of times (Black Friday, for example, because my LCS either keeps the packs or buys his product third-hand so he doesn't get any) ... and I don't want to think I'm responsible for X amount of other collectors not getting their packs.
But, I'll make it up to everybody, I'll post the scans and people can have at it, trade-wise.
I'm really not too attached to anything I pulled, except maybe the Profar.
I am glad that you posted ... Gave me some hope that I'll get mine!
... And yeah, I agree... I think that the Profar is a keeper!