`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sorry if this is a repost, but..... UPPER DECK!!

Sorry if this is a repost, but..... UPPER DECK!!
Just saw this and it is HUGE news. (For me anyway) I didn't see it yet on the boards, but found this on Cardboard Connection.

Upper Deck Back in Baseball with MLBPA License

Upper Deck is back in the business that got them started. The company has signed a license with the MLBPA with 2013 Fleer Retro Baseball being their first set under the deal.

YAY!!!! Now Topps has to actually compete with someone! I only collect baseball and football, so I am glad to see Upper Deck back with a license for one of them.

RE: Sorry if this is a repost, but..... UPPER DECK!!
sorry to disappoint, but it isnt what you think it is: it's a panini style license, not a topps license

(03-25-2013, 09:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: sorry to disappoint, but it isnt what you think it is: it's a panini style license, not a topps license
Yep, I was happy at first before realizing this just means more air-brushed jerseys and lack of team logos. Since Upper Deck does have the NCAA license it will probably mean lots of baseball players in their college uniforms (if the player went to college).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Ah yeah. I got all excited before I realized that it is an MLBPA license, not an MLB license. Boo. Back to my lair of disappointment.

(03-25-2013, 10:21 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Ah yeah. I got all excited before I realized that it is an MLBPA license, not an MLB license. Boo. Back to my lair of disappointment.
Me too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!