`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally finished a 2013 topps heritage set

finally finished a 2013 topps heritage set
it could very well have been that i was busting out of different cases at my lcs, but it took me 16 boxes to finally complete my set of 2013 topps heritage cards #1-500. the stupid thing is, i can't even finish all of the insert sets...missing a two or three cards from a few of those. and out of those 16 boxes, i got just two mini cards (#ed to 100), all of 3 autographs, and no other inserts such as coins or stamps...just a whole lot of crappy relic cards. of course, i had two very good gold chrome parallels, so i had some salvage there, but the rest of the case? horrible.

but in the end, i found it a challenge...if only it were a little cheaper.

RE: finally finished a 2013 topps heritage set
Any black chrome?
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

I've only opened 5 boxes and I am only a handful of cards away from finishing the set. I'm doing all of the action variations too. Trading helps!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Just one black chrome -- ian kinsler.

The two gold I ended up with were a Trevor/Rosenthall Rookie (got $100 for it), and a Pujols (got $500 for that one)...

(03-26-2013, 05:27 PM)northflacards Wrote: Any black chrome?

(03-26-2013, 05:25 PM)kstjst Wrote: it could very well have been that i was busting out of different cases at my lcs, but it took me 16 boxes to finally complete my set of 2013 topps heritage cards #1-500. the stupid thing is, i can't even finish all of the insert sets...missing a two or three cards from a few of those. and out of those 16 boxes, i got just two mini cards (#ed to 100), all of 3 autographs, and no other inserts such as coins or stamps...just a whole lot of crappy relic cards. of course, i had two very good gold chrome parallels, so i had some salvage there, but the rest of the case? horrible.

but in the end, i found it a challenge...if only it were a little cheaper.
Wow, that's a lot of ripping to get a whole set. I have a base set finished with about 30-40% to go on the SP cards. I bought 3 boxes, got 1 auto, got 2 relics. Bought about 12 blasters for 1 auto, about 3 relics, 2 minis and 1 bazooka. I also got 1 blaster that was a hot box, so I got about 7-8 purple chromes from there.
From one or the other source, I got a black chrome of Prince Fielder ... can't remember where.
Now I'm buying the blister packs for the black non-chrome inserts and trying to get my SP's. Not sure what the best strategy is, but you'd think a case would yield some mega hits. Sorry you didn't do as good as you should have. Seems really wrong with THAT many boxes.
All in all, I probably should have bought a full case for all the money I spent on boxes, blasters and blister cards.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

it took you 16 whatwhatwhat's? Thats insane!! haha oh man. But you got the set so congrats. Damn thing took me a full year to do last years heritage but i only got 2 boxes.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(03-26-2013, 05:40 PM)kstjst Wrote:
The two gold I ended up with were a Trevor/Rosenthall Rookie (got $100 for it), and a Pujols (got $500 for that one)...
nice
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

[/quote]

I opened up one box and pulled a Posey Gold. They price you got for the Pujols makes me wonder if I sold too low. I got $250 but either way it was a win.