`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autographing the Yankees IP

Autographing the Yankees IP
I know that they are probably very tough, but is there anyone on the Yankees who is a good signer? I'll be seeing them in Cleveland in April and want to make sure I something for anyone who signs.

Thanks,

Jim
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

RE: Autographing the Yankees IP
I've gotten Granderson a few times, mostly in spring training though, but he seems really nice and like he generally signs quite a bit. Dunno with him being injured as well however.

(03-22-2013, 01:22 AM)shaunbaus Wrote: I've gotten Granderson a few times, mostly in spring training though, but he seems really nice and like he generally signs quite a bit. Dunno with him being injured as well however.
+ 1,000,000 on Granderson, Jim ... check this out.

My cousin and I are Tigers fans and went to Oakland to see them play the A's about 4 or 5 years ago.

Granderson was signing autographs next to the dugout after BP and actually asked the security guard to make sure people lined up one at a time and didn't push each other ... and he must have signed for 30 minutes, seriously.

He chatted everybody up and was very polite. We got our ticket stubs signed and went back to our seats, and my cousin was like, "Man, I don't want this to get all crinkled up."

I was like, "I'm a professional, man, let me handle it ..." and went up to the Round Table Pizza concession stand.

I asked for two empty personal-size boxes and some napkins, and wrapped up the tickets in the napkins and stuck them in the boxes.

I made the mistake of leaving my box out on the counter when I got home that night, and my wife threw it away!

The trash man, of course, came the next morning and hauled it away before I knew what was going on.

Suffice it to say, she felt horrible and told me to get one of his cards, and she wrote him a letter, explaining how my cousin is in the Air Force and we made it an annual trip to see the Tigers every year.

I got my card back signed, in two weeks.

Yeah, Granderson is one of the better guys in MLB.

When I went to the Yankees VS Braves at Turner in 09 and 12 CC signed both times. In 09 I arrived to late (he already had gone in but people were talking about him and showing stuff he signed). In 12 he got through the line, however he was called into the stadium right before my kids got an autoSad. I was sore at him for a little bit but looking back it wasnt his fault. So I would say get their early and be close to the front and CC will sign at least one of the days.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I appreciate the input, man I'll be there early and would love to get CC! Granderson is cool, I got him to sign this for me in Pittsburgh when he was with the Tigers:

[Image: Grandersonauto.jpg]
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

i loved meeting granderson i also liked david robertson, he was also easy to get

Joba signs a lot. It's really hit and miss though. I have been to most weekend games this spring training and it is really a matter of what is going on. who is just putting in side work and who is playing and running late or what have you. David Phelps stops to signed before his warm up on his day to pitch. I have seen Youk do signing lasting for a decent amount of time. Bigger names good luck. JETER, CANO, TEIX are all shot in the dark. Have been told by multiple players that they are even told not to sign outside of the players gate. have had many talks and guys like jeter who has a autograph/memorabilia deal the company doesnt want to over fill the market. most of these guys sign for lil kids and or like 1 2 and done. just talking from what I have seen at camp and multiple games at the TROP

i know that he isnt on the yanks but want to say that swisher was the best. i got him durring practice, underneath the stadium, and in the dougout.

thanks again for the info, much appreciated!