`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone starting to notice cheaper PSA stuff?

Anyone starting to notice cheaper PSA stuff?
Over the past few months I have started to see PSA graded stuff selling for a lot cheaper than BGS stuff. Especially PSA 10's. I know in theory a PSA 10 is a BGS 9.5 but the PSA 10's I have seen are selling for substantially less than BGS 9.5's. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a main reason why?

RE: Anyone starting to notice cheaper PSA stuff?
(03-20-2013, 10:53 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Over the past few months I have started to see PSA graded stuff selling for a lot cheaper than BGS stuff. Especially PSA 10's. I know in theory a PSA 10 is a BGS 9.5 but the PSA 10's I have seen are selling for substantially less than BGS 9.5's. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a main reason why?
Ive always noticed PSA stuff going cheaper than BGS, I compared a ripken once and the prices difference was huge!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

it really depends on the cards and years you are talking about --- where the PSA pricing gets crazy is when you come down to really tough sets/cards to get high grades on when it comes down to registry builders fighting for X grade our higher Y cards.

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(03-21-2013, 12:20 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: it really depends on the cards and years you are talking about --- where the PSA pricing gets crazy is when you come down to really tough sets/cards to get high grades on when it comes down to registry builders fighting for X grade our higher Y cards.
+1

PSA outsells in many situations
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(03-20-2013, 10:53 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Over the past few months I have started to see PSA graded stuff selling for a lot cheaper than BGS stuff. Especially PSA 10's. I know in theory a PSA 10 is a BGS 9.5 but the PSA 10's I have seen are selling for substantially less than BGS 9.5's. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a main reason why?
Part of it could be because of Beckett's relaunch of it's Registry.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-20-2013, 11:31 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Ive always noticed PSA stuff going cheaper than BGS, I compared a ripken once and the prices difference was huge!!
A quick look at sold items on the other site shows the PSA 10 1982 Traded Ripken sells for twice as much as the BGS 9.5.

As someone stated above, it really depends on the set. In my experience though, PSA out sells BGS most of the time.