`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word of advise before leaving feedback.....

Word of advise before leaving feedback.....
Ok, Its been a while since I did some maintenance on the cards I bought off ebay over the last year. Logging them in to my collection word document and taking them out of screwdowns and toploaders and placing them in proper magnetic holders.

Well I just got a shipment of magnetic holders today and Ive noticed at least 4 good cards that have surface damage to them due to being placed in holders too thin for them to be in.

Lesson of the day: take them out of the holders (no matter how much mailing tape is wrapped around them) before leaving positive feedback. Undecided

RE: Word of advise before leaving feedback.....
It pisses me off when people put cards into a beat up used top loader without a penny sleeve. I've had to cut cards out of top loaders to avoid damaging them.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(03-21-2013, 01:40 AM)Haze28 Wrote: It pisses me off when people put cards into a beat up used top loader without a penny sleeve. I've had to cut cards out of top loaders to avoid damaging them.
..People do this? Thats perplexing to me. Heh they should make it mandatory for people to watch a 5 min video on how to send cards..for real.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I bought a real nice Harper card off of peebay. The six yards of tape wrapped around the broken top load and no penny sleeve. I usually don't suggest my way of sending cards, but I did in this case. The seller refunded the shipping charges. Then sent me an email stating that they were on a tight budget and were doing the best they could. Left them neutral feedback and an another email followed asking, why? Penny sleeve, top load, painters tape, team bag, mailer, seems pretty simple to me.
HTGO/CRS/PITA

(03-21-2013, 06:44 AM)skywalkb Wrote: I bought a real nice Harper card off of peebay. The six yards of tape wrapped around the broken top load and no penny sleeve. I usually don't suggest my way of sending cards, but I did in this case. The seller refunded the shipping charges. Then sent me an email stating that they were on a tight budget and were doing the best they could. Left them neutral feedback and an another email followed asking, why? Penny sleeve, top load, painters tape, team bag, mailer, seems pretty simple to me.
HTGO/CRS/PITA
I've been wondering where the appropriate place is to ding a seller when they do a poor job of packaging a card. You think to knock their S&H charges?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Bought my first couple cards off Ebay and received them yesterday. Nothing big. A 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper rookie refractor.

It came in a top loader wrapped in about half a roll of toilet paper. With only a brief inspection of the corners I could see that from the back one of the bottom corners was slightly damaged. So an injured card wrapped in toilet paper! Only 12 bucks so I'm too lazy to really give the seller a hard time.

One of my other cards was the Mike Trout Topps update rookie. For some reason in the top loader with this card was a Bryce Harper 2011 Bowman Chrome BCE1 insert.. I was both irrirated and happy sort of.. Because they were crammed in there and potentially damaging the Trout, but kind of happy to get a Harper card randomly for free. Nearly had to cut the top loader open. My experience with Ebay has been interesting so far..

(03-21-2013, 06:19 AM)muz0 Wrote: ..People do this? Thats perplexing to me. Heh they should make it mandatory for people to watch a 5 min video on how to send cards..for real.
Yup, I have received a handful of cards that were shoved into top loaders that look like they have been passed around like a 2 dollar hooker and without a penny sleeve to boot. Only two of them had damage that you could see, one of them got returned and the other just received negative feedback.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

If a seller is charging $2 or more for shipping there shoud never be a problem with packaging. That money covers a new top loader, penny sleeve, bubble mailer, and postage. I don't get it...
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**