Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NBA 50 GREATEST: Pickup of a LIFETIME!
Exclamation 
NBA 50 GREATEST: Pickup of a LIFETIME!
Words cannot beging to describe to you what this card means to me, and my collection. I've wanted it ever since I saw it back in 2010. I think this is the BEST card in my pc! I will let the picture do the speaking...

Meanwhile, check him out in action!!! Smile

Julius Erving Mix - The Doctor - YouTube

[Image: 1jsuhk.jpg]

I hope the picture came out ok. This is how I will be taking pictures of all my good cards for my new site. I think it came out ok, but it shows a white spot in between Erving and the logoman piece, but there is nothing there. Also, it shows a big spot on the "PH" on the upper left side of the logoman, but there is nothing on the card, it is perfect. I guess there's nothing I can do about the lighting, or at least i'm not sure what to do about it. Anyway, for the most part it came out ok I guess. But as any picture or scan, in most cases, it really can't do 100% justice to the card.

Happy collecting to ALL...

~Giovanni
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

RE: NBA 50 GREATEST: Pickup of a LIFETIME!
That is an awesome card! congrats!

(03-19-2013, 10:43 PM)Jukeyou Wrote: That is an awesome card! congrats!
Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it!

I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Great card. A very sought after one at that. I need a logo man for my collection.

What did you end up paying or trading for the card?
Looking for Exquisite 2003-04 Noble Nameplates.

Great card. Not putting it down in any way, but am curious why have it authenticated and not graded? Are there a lot of fakes hitting the market on these cards? Maybe you just bought it that way already. Still pretty sweet card to add to your collection.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

wow, that's a beauty

Very nice
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(03-20-2013, 02:27 AM)briankort Wrote: Great card. Not putting it down in any way, but am curious why have it authenticated and not graded? Are there a lot of fakes hitting the market on these cards? Maybe you just bought it that way already. Still pretty sweet card to add to your collection.
Thanks! Thank you all for the kind words, really appreciate it guys.

I actually get my 1/1 cards slabbed like this all the time, but I did buy this one already like this, so it worked out great! I don't care too much for grading in general, but definitely don't feel a 1/1 card should even matter, there is only one card of it's kind, so to me, grade doesn't matter. The main reason I send them to beckett to get slabbed is their super protection their holders provide, I would have for these cards to get damaged in any way. So buying this card was a breeze as I wasn't worrying about the shipping process, because I knew it would be protected. I have many 1/1 cards and would hate for them to all have different color labels and grades. I like them to all look uniformed and have the same look. But more important though, the protection.

Thanks again fellas, really appreciate all the comments! Couldn't be happier to own this card.

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

That is a pretty Logo man...congrats!!!

sweet logo 1/1 I gotta get one for my pc someday
Selling my org out
Rolleyes