`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for Sammyboy69

looking for Sammyboy69
We completed a trade over a month ago and I got my end sent out but have yet to receive from him. Additionally, he has not been on since March 2. What's my move here?

RE: looking for Sammyboy69
First off it would be to contact a Moderator Wink. They are able to attempt contact with the other member and could garner a quicker response from them, and can help find a resolve without any discrepancies or hard feelings being put forth.
Secondly, check to see where they are located as compared to yourself. I have had shipments from my house here in Nova Scotia take better than six weeks to reach Colorado or Michigan. I have had a few members try to call me out previously, only to have a retraction come in within the next two days because they received their cards.
Third, if those other areas fail, then you should ask the community if anyone else has heard from the other trader. Sometimes issues come to light in life and draw members away from the community for a while. It has happened to most of us, and I can only hope that these issues get resolved quickly.
Those are the steps to take with a trade affliction. Hope that this helps!

Randi

(03-19-2013, 02:56 PM)rayeates Wrote: trade affliction
Is that anything like WPS (Wax Purchase Syndrome)?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(03-19-2013, 03:54 PM)wickabee Wrote: Is that anything like WPS (Wax Purchase Syndrome)?
nah, trade affliction is curable (wipe out the infected!) WPS never goes away!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

So wiping out the infected is done with antibiotics, or do we somehow delete the account and make it impossible for the infection to return. It is getting harder to keep track of all the bad traders, because the list just keeps getting longer.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(03-19-2013, 09:06 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: So wiping out the infected is done with antibiotics, or do we somehow delete the account and make it impossible for the infection to return. It is getting harder to keep track of all the bad traders, because the list just keeps getting longer.
John, please do not take this as infliction against yourself, but this is the exact reaction that is not warranted. The trader has not been deemed a bad trader at all. There is just a question as to where the cards are. As I had said before, I was called out on a few trades mere hours before the cards arrived at the other traders' houses, safe and sound. Maybe the other trader's end is sitting in Customs awaiting review, or is going to hit the mailbox tomorrow. We will not know until it is done and over with. It sucks that it has to come to this, but that is the chance we all take with trading on the honor system.

Again, I am not trying to single John out here, as he is an amazing member of these boards. I just would be upset to see someone get stonewalled because of a situation beyond their control. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

Oh no I'm not saying this trader is bad as there is not enough information about the trade.

(03-19-2013, 09:31 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: Oh no I'm not saying this trader is bad as there is not enough information about the trade.
Phew! Okay then! Haha! There is no info that I have heard, and I am hoping that washjeff gets back to me on this soon. If there is an issue I would like to get to the bottom of it to give a hand. If it is a misunderstanding, then I would like to remove this thread to absolve any mistaken words.

Randi

It is unfortunate that we ever see these threads where a trade has gone sour.

It is also disturbing that bad traders always seem to find a way to keep making trades, at least until the community garners enough information about all the aliases and addresses used. Too bad there isn't a better or quicker method of keeping them from making trades.

bumping this because i still haven't got the card from this trader. also, randi, i pm'ed you on this. thanks all