`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beckett prices?

RE: beckett prices?
(04-18-2013, 04:22 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I HATE the ebay argument. Ebay should be held OUT of the factor. But that IS MY opinion. lol

I'm also anti ebay because it KILLED the local hobby shop business's EVERY WHERES.............
How can you keep Ebay out of the factor? Clearly large volume of cards are sold on there and there is a trend. I do my own price guide for the Ice Scripts and i can usually be pretty close on what the price will sell for. I have an idea going in on what i'm going to be paying. Which,,....is sorta what beckett claims. But either way.

And i dont think Ebay killed the local card shop. I think Ebay is a great thing for people who a) Haven't had a card shop within 40 miles since the mid 90's. It's even more great for a person who is trying to collect items that are not new releases. I can see your understanding and reasons though for hating it.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

ebay prices are NOT retail prices. ebay prices are always lower than B&M sales, for multiple obvious reasons (exception: rare 90's inserts, especially basketball because the adain market is huge into hoops, and they are relatively new to the hobby)

(04-18-2013, 09:24 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ebay prices are NOT retail prices. ebay prices are always lower than B&M sales, for multiple obvious reasons (exception: rare 90's inserts, especially basketball because the adain market is huge into hoops, and they are relatively new to the hobby)
That's obvious, But how can you not include them into the equation? How can you say it's market value if you don't include the entire market? Unless you consider ebay like 'the black market' I understand the Low and High value than to adjust for that.

Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches