`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Why are new sets N/A for pricing for so long?

RE: Why are new sets N/A for pricing for so long?
Looking back at prior year prices, even on the SP will give you a great idea of what this years will look like. Now rookies, low serial numbered and prospects are a different story but you can quickly look-up current selling/asking prices if you are in that much of a hurry. As stated before.....sell as soon as product comes out, before buying settels down.

IMO BV sb used only as a general guide and most use it as thier trade basis. I use 40% of BV when buying as my limit unless it's something I really want. Harper $50 sp mentioned above is a crazy price. 40% is $25 which in my mind is reasonable if you really want it. Got $30 for mine which cost me $0.11....I'm happy.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-27-2013, 03:47 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what's the true point of Beckett's values? If they value something at $50, you can usually find it easily for less than $25 whether it be online or at an LCS. What does the value stand for?
Try to look at it this way, ignore the fact that it is "money." Look at it as a scale for trading. If you want a $5 dollar card from me, it would be fair (in most eyes) for me to request 5 $1 cards, or the reverse.

Jdub31981 Wrote:
Uhhh. Yeaaah. At first I was thinking that a retard could explain it better than the good ol fashioned "cause they don't pull it from their butt".
But, you proved to be a little more intelligent than someone with a mental disability on the second sentence by displaying that huge vocabulary improvement with the word brevity in it. Good job! No more window licking for you anymore, your a big kid now!

well, arent you my new favorite member. we're gonna be friends forever, i can just tell

*grabs tire iron*

Don't worry Jacoby...I'm sure he will realize sooner or later to appreciate the dry sarcastic humour of your posts we all love (well at least I love).
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(03-27-2013, 03:47 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what's the true point of Beckett's values? If they value something at $50, you can usually find it easily for less than $25 whether it be online or at an LCS. What does the value stand for?
Other than Beckett's new appraisal service, I don't recall them ever just slapping a single value on something.