`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did I over pay for these?

Did I over pay for these?
Did I over pay for these 2? Your thoughts?

Paid $184.99 for this one:
[Image: 20130318_151049.jpg]

Paid $130.00 for this
[Image: 20130318_150817.jpg]

RE: Did I over pay for these?
You got both for under BV, heading into the new season with high expectations, I'd say you did pretty good. Wish I had the funds to pickup a couple of him and Harper's autos.

My only complaint would be his sig needs a little work - I've seen some beautiful silver ink sigs and then I've seen some squiggles. Granted I can't even sign my name legibly one time let alone a couple thousand for cards lol

those are about in line with what the market is showing. my only caveat is: for that much oney, you could have picked up autos of a few legends. mays, aaron...guys that already proved themselves, are in the HOF.

while i think trout is good...he aint willie mays

additionally, you are buying at the peak of the market probably will be. for re-sale purposes, i dont think you will ever make a lot more than you paid

so...kind of depends on how you are looking at your question

Not a bargain, but I don't think you overpaid, in comparison to what Trout Autos have been selling for ... But I have to agree with JacobyStealsHome ... Trout hasn't really proven himself. If he is successful in a twenty year career and winds up in the HOF, then you probably got a good deal ... But Trout ain't no Willie Mays ... At least not yet. Smile
BTW : just noticed, the Tribute card, although in a nice screwdown case, was removed from the original Factory sealed case. Were you aware of that prior to the purchase? Not sure if that impacts the price/value.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was thinkin about gettin it graded. But does it lose some of its value if taken out of the factory sealed case? Or it wouldnt matter at all?

(03-19-2013, 06:05 AM)Ezekiel0418 Wrote: I was thinkin about gettin it graded. But does it lose some of its value if taken out of the factory sealed case? Or it wouldnt matter at all?
Well, it's already out of the factory sealed case, but if you are getting it graded, it would have to be removed, so then it doesn't matter, does it?
As far as value? If its graded at a 10, you did good, if not ... I'm not sure. I know that if I were buying a Tribute card, I'd expect it to be in the factory sealed case, otherwise,I'd suspect that there was a problem with the card from the original case cracking or something. But that's just me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I would say you paid market value for those. Not great prices but not bad prices either. I personally would have picked up his Bowman Chrome Auto RC for the money. But those are both cool cards to have.

have no idea about the prices but those two are awesomeeeee

I always look at it this way — if you like what you bought then you got a good price.

Last one sold for this much:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321089438328?ssP...1423.l2649

The other sold for this much:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190810966478?ssP...1423.l2649

So overall I think I bought mine at a decent price dont you think?