`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Madness Multi - box break

March Madness Multi - box break
I went to Dave and Adams online, for their March Madness sale, picked up a couple of cheap boxes. Spent $100 dollars and came away with a bunch of decent hits ... Nothing spectacular. Didn't get anything huge, but the potential was there.
I bought ....
2 boxes Pete Rose, The Living Legend
2 boxes 2010 Upper Deck Series 1
1 box Topps 2012 Series 2 retail
1 box Panini Limited 2011

Here's what I got
2 Pete Rose Autographs
[Image: F71922BB-D1E7-46B4-BAFA-F453DA86A9D9-110...f120b5.jpg]

2 Jersey Relics .... One from 2012 Topps the other from 2010 UD
[Image: E7BC91BE-8936-42CC-8EBA-2E49EFE33A22-110...3b115e.jpg]

2 auto prospects from Panini Limited 2011
[Image: 82E729F7-EE3C-4F29-A83E-D0601BA0ADE9-110...e083de.jpg]

1 Auto Ethier 20/249, 1 Relic Helton 306/499 from Panini Limited 2011
[Image: EB3B69B0-1E24-4826-BE85-3CA2E0F8B1D5-110...d3d951.jpg]

McCutchen 46/249, Gallo 11/199 from Panini Limited 2011
[Image: 0F2017A6-136E-45A3-B134-7B249308E244-110...d45bf3.jpg]

Buster Posey Rookie! From 2010 UD
[Image: E653C077-546C-47C5-9600-C1A76C0F7CF7-110...ec6633.jpg]

..... and a whole lotta base cards, too. I didn't open one of the Upper Deck boxes, yet. So I think I did okay for $100. Right?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: March Madness Multi - box break
I'd say you did pretty well. I like the choice auto. I wonder if he'll get his shot with the A's this year. I think he'll be a pretty solid player.

(03-18-2013, 09:58 PM)Nate_Daulton Wrote: I'd say you did pretty well. I like the choice auto. I wonder if he'll get his shot with the A's this year. I think he'll be a pretty solid player.
Thanks!
Yeah, he's touted to be a top player. Michael Choice was #10 draft pick, so he must have skills! Hope he gets a chance to show off those skills soon.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

not too shabby at all. i went a little crazy there the other day too, tho not with the sale stuff. mine should be here tomorrow, woot woot.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(03-19-2013, 01:53 AM)tate31nym Wrote: not too shabby at all. i went a little crazy there the other day too, tho not with the sale stuff. mine should be here tomorrow, woot woot.
Yeah, the sale stuff was really just an impulse buy, plus on another thread, I advised someone that wanted a sure-thing hit to buy the Pete Rose Living Legend box for the Sure-thing Pete Rose auto in each box. Dave and Adam had these boxes for $12-13 bucks ... You can't go wrong at THAT price?
So what did you order?

Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(03-19-2013, 04:52 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, the sale stuff was really just an impulse buy, plus on another thread, I advised someone that wanted a sure-thing hit to buy the Pete Rose Living Legend box for the Sure-thing Pete Rose auto in each box. Dave and Adam had these boxes for $12-13 bucks ... You can't go wrong at THAT price?
So what did you order?
Yeah I got the rose box for the auto, figured why not.
You got a nice pull with that posey!
I bought a few old 2010 boxes at Walmart and no posey

(03-20-2013, 06:39 PM)rentzington Wrote: Yeah I got the rose box for the auto, figured why not.
You got a nice pull with that posey!
I bought a few old 2010 boxes at Walmart and no posey
Yeah,thanks. That's pretty much the best card from that base set, unless you get one of the S/N cards .. Those are actually nice hits from that series. I pulled an Utley /99 from there, not too bad.
I picked up another rose box at target for $12 ... Worth it for another signature.
Did you find anything exciting in the Rose card packs? Inserts, other autos, etc? The base cards are okay, but figure if thats all thats in there, I'll give the packs away to some kids that never heard of Charlie Hustle!

(03-20-2013, 09:57 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah,thanks. That's pretty much the best card from that base set, unless you get one of the S/N cards .. Those are actually nice hits from that series. I pulled an Utley /99 from there, not too bad.
I picked up another rose box at target for $12 ... Worth it for another signature.
Did you find anything exciting in the Rose card packs? Inserts, other autos, etc? The base cards are okay, but figure if thats all thats in there, I'll give the packs away to some kids that never heard of Charlie Hustle!

the rose cards all pretty much looked the same, black and white photo's nothing unique apart from the auto

(03-23-2013, 08:59 AM)rentzington Wrote: the rose cards all pretty much looked the same, black and white photo's nothing unique apart from the auto
You're correct!
I opened the rest of those packs ... Found nothing great, in terms of inserts or special hidden hits. The B&W cards aren't that bad, its just a shame the the Phillies logo and Cinncy logo are airbrushed out and not allowed to be used! The set is a good biography of Pete and ideal for younger collectors to learn about a legendary and unique player.