Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look'in to fill some rc sets.

Look'in to fill some rc sets.
Anyone want to trade fairly?
I do want to fill some sets up. But a good amount of the time people want to trade me 10 of their no name, prolly not even in the NHL any more set fillers, for 1 great card. Just because some book says the rc's are worth like $4 bucks each.
I brought this up about 2 years ago. Some people agreed with me, and some die hard BV peeps didnt.
Again I am going to repeat what I said 2 years ago... If your trading away lets say 30 rc's, from diff sets, just some random "helpers". And they BV at $120. Do you think its fair to add 6 cards that BV $120?
If you think this, would you also agree if you had a $120 card to trade and someone offered you 8 cards worth $13 each that this would be fair?
The reason I bring this up again, is most people would think this is "trading down". And is unfair. And really , Just a waist of time.
I myself, when asked for a trade, and they are looking for Rc's or Parrallels , even inserts. I dont even look at my books. I know what they are worth, not much in most cases. And I pick some cards from them that are on the same level. If I cant find stuff on the same level I send a msg asking if they mind if I pick a low end GU or 2, That usually BV way under what they picked, to make it fair.
Anyways, I am looking to complete some low end rc sets, any help is appreciated.
If anyone has an input to my thinking feel free to post your feelings, pro or con. You wont get an argument out of me, as I just stated how I felt. Its just my opinion.
*note.. I have had 3 or so trades lately where peeps do trade as I do. Its refreshing, thanx.
*note.. Just another reason not to like me....lol....*shrugz*
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

RE: Look'in to fill some rc sets.
hit my org up, not sure what you're looking for but if i can help fill in some sets, let me know.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

sent an offer.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

This is kind of a pet peeve of mine as well. Terribly frustrating trying to put together sets w/ #'d rookies. I guess to each their own, I don't understand a guy that will only trade an auto for an auto, patch for a patch, etc...

PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

Offer sent.
[Image: ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=%2fRqvSVPz...header.jpg]

(03-17-2013, 10:18 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: hit my org up, not sure what you're looking for but if i can help fill in some sets, let me know.
I appreciate the open offer Optimus, but you only had a couple score rookies I needed. I do check your org quite a bit though, because your active on the site. Will keep checking! Thanx again.
(03-17-2013, 10:55 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: sent an offer.
Working on the counter offer now. Feel free to take a look and add any comments before I send back.
(03-18-2013, 10:54 AM)mbiron Wrote: Offer sent.
Looking through your stuff now... I will see if we can work something out.
(03-18-2013, 10:41 AM)anavrin78 Wrote: This is kind of a pet peeve of mine as well. Terribly frustrating trying to put together sets w/ #'d rookies. I guess to each their own, I don't understand a guy that will only trade an auto for an auto, patch for a patch, etc...
Ya i hear ya... I dont mind trading away auto's or Gu for Rc fillers. Its just when someone goes crazy and picks an auto, and 4 gu for 20 victory, collectors choice no-name rc set fillers. Just cause the book says they are worth the same. They should just be happy to get an auto for the cards that are just gonna sit in their Org collecting dust.

I personally have no issue trading someone a card with a BV of $100 (for example) for four $25 cards or five $20 cards. However, offering a bunch of $13 cards for the $100 card is a little much...

As for pet peeves, I am not a fan of the practice of sending extra for ‘trading down’. I like both sides of a trade to be as close to equal as possible, no matter how many cards are involved.
Collecting SP Authentic RCs and graded RCs.

I do NOT have PayPal, and I deal by BOOK VALUE only!!

My bucket:
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x301/tonytoope

(03-18-2013, 04:38 PM)tonytoope Wrote: I personally have no issue trading someone a card with a BV of $100 (for example) for four $25 cards or five $20 cards. However, offering a bunch of $13 cards for the $100 card is a little much...

As for pet peeves, I am not a fan of the practice of sending extra for ‘trading down’. I like both sides of a trade to be as close to equal as possible, no matter how many cards are involved.
To each his own my friend... But let me ask this... Lets say you have an extra 08/09 Stamkos yg for trade. Bv $120 or something, and actually sells for quite high, lets say $80. Now you were working on that Yg set, and you needed to fill the set, and I sent you a trade offer of 12 no namers Bv'ed at $120 that you needed for the Stamkos. Would you still accept the trade? Or even 8-$15 cards?

I guess I could explain it something like this:
Lets say you were chasing the 05/06 yg's in the year 2005 and trying to pull the Crosby. during that time you ended up with 20 YG dupes from the set. Now since 2005 you have had a couple nibbles on those dupes, but nothing really great came up for you to make a good bv trade. There has to be a time you realize not many are going to collect the set, as the Crosby is just to expensive to buy or trade for them to complete the set. So why not part with some at a fair market value. The thing is to be aware of what you actually have for trade. Not just what A book says. The Beckett book is just a guide. And in my opinion its only close when dealing with High value sets, or highly collected players. Other then that, I do believe they just cross reference the amount of cards given out per box and come up with a number. When in reality, those certain not so popular players. are worth way less.

PM me the score rookie cards you needed with your address, I'll get them out to you asap. I'm a set builder and nothing feels better than nailing it down. Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches