`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
shoutout to jacobystealshome

shoutout to jacobystealshome
a couple of weeks ago, in a thread about pain in the rear ebay sellers -- I joked around about how if someone could pry this card from a seller who blocked us two years ago's hands... that'd be awesome

wasn't really expecting anyone to try to hunt it down and get ahold of it.... got a message asking what my highest I'd spend on it would be.

sure enough less than two days later he had snagged it, for cheaper than my original offer to the seller two years ago, cheaper than I was willing to go this time, and secured it for me!

my wife and I make 1" buttons for people on the side for a business and decided to see if his charity needed any buttons, so worked it out to get 200 buttons for their charity auction last weekend. secured another venters 1/1 that we had wanted for over two years! helped out a charity, and everyone goes home happy!

cheers for that!

it was a long road to get this magenta plate, but now its home with two of its brothers...now to track down the last one!

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: shoutout to jacobystealshome
Good stuff. Nice job Jacoby!

that would be awesome if you got all for great job so far

Huge props to johnxgodfree...those buttons were a huge hit at our event last Saturday. our final tally, as of 2 days ago, was over 18k+ (and we are expecting some more donations...might tip the 20k mark)

Boston Globe covered the event, albeit briefly (made the actual newspaper as well)
http://www.boston.com/names/2013/03/11/p...story.html

the mc's even managed to get me up on stage and auction some of the stuff we had (like this Jason Varitek signed bat). as you can sort of see: proudly sporting one of the pins on my chest. been wearing one every day this week, through 11 different states

seriously, my wife almost squealed when we got the buttons in the mail. hope maybe we can swing some of that Jimmy Fund money they spend on buttons your way. Cant thank you enough.

Awesome!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

very cool win for all. nicely done, gentlemen.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

cool story. Nicely done, gentlemen.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Great job guys!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Great story!! Nicely done, gentlemen!!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Congrats on hitting 18k. That's awesome, well done!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]