Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
shoutout to jacobystealshome

RE: shoutout to jacobystealshome
what a great story! Thanks for sharing
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(03-15-2013, 08:06 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: a couple of weeks ago, in a thread about pain in the rear ebay sellers -- I joked around about how if someone could pry this card from a seller who blocked us two years ago's hands... that'd be awesome

wasn't really expecting anyone to try to hunt it down and get ahold of it.... got a message asking what my highest I'd spend on it would be.

sure enough less than two days later he had snagged it, for cheaper than my original offer to the seller two years ago, cheaper than I was willing to go this time, and secured it for me!

my wife and I make 1" buttons for people on the side for a business and decided to see if his charity needed any buttons, so worked it out to get 200 buttons for their charity auction last weekend. secured another venters 1/1 that we had wanted for over two years! helped out a charity, and everyone goes home happy!

cheers for that!

it was a long road to get this magenta plate, but now its home with two of its brothers...now to track down the last one!

Thats really awesome.... it's rare for someone these days to go out of their way (maybe thats just a Jersey thing lol) but i thought that was cool. Each ended up with what they needed & thats what it's all about.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Awesome story!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

thanks everyone, couldn't have asked for this to have fallen in place nicer if I had planned it!

glad I randomly said something even if joking about someone trying to buy it in proxy for us haha!

and as another personal satisfaction--- the seller ended up accepting about $15 cheaper than I had originally offered him two years ago.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors