`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Topps Magic..your thoughts...

RE: Topps Magic..your thoughts...
You dont pull autos of the big guys because they are all super short prints. It is a complete joke. The first initial reports of who the short prints were were a lie. Everybody pulls the same exact autos all the time and its really annoying. Topps dropped the ball on this one I think. Not sure what their problem is but Ive been noticing their Frank Gore autos are all old ones, like the way he signed before the 2007 season. Pretty sure they dont have many autos of guys since they short printed so many of the stars. And now in supreme, all of his autos are redemptions. It somewhat makes me think Topps is having money issues.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(03-15-2013, 02:38 PM)uwash97 Wrote: @ZeroDave - did you break hobby or retail? Seems at least from the chatter on here that the retail blasters were great, the hobby boxes stank, and the retail rack packs were just OK. Just wondering I you broke any hobby at all? Anyway that could be the difference...

Personally I only broke 2 blasters and 1 rack without much success but that's too small a sample size to make any generalizations about the product. I haven't bought much hobby this year due to our imminent home purchase but manage to sneak a few blasters in here and there...
I've broken both, but had much better luck with Retail.

(03-15-2013, 02:38 PM)uwash97 Wrote: @ZeroDave - did you break hobby or retail? Seems at least from the chatter on here that the retail blasters were great, the hobby boxes stank, and the retail rack packs were just OK. Just wondering I you broke any hobby at all? Anyway that could be the difference...

Personally I only broke 2 blasters and 1 rack without much success but that's too small a sample size to make any generalizations about the product. I haven't bought much hobby this year due to our imminent home purchase but manage to sneak a few blasters in here and there...
If you browse through the box break section...any awesome Magic hits people got, most of them got them out of blasters. It's crazy. Best I got out of a case was an Alfred Morris Auto.
(03-15-2013, 02:49 PM)nthnoak Wrote: You dont pull autos of the big guys because they are all super short prints. It is a complete joke. The first initial reports of who the short prints were were a lie. Everybody pulls the same exact autos all the time and its really annoying. Topps dropped the ball on this one I think. Not sure what their problem is but Ive been noticing their Frank Gore autos are all old ones, like the way he signed before the 2007 season. Pretty sure they dont have many autos of guys since they short printed so many of the stars. And now in supreme, all of his autos are redemptions. It somewhat makes me think Topps is having money issues.
The short print list in the beginning was wayyyyy off. It was right for the base cards, but way off for the autos.
(03-15-2013, 02:27 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: That reminds me, I seem to have an Eric Decker you needed ha.
I do still need that!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I busted one blaster before this and nothing. The hobby i would say was worst. It wasnt just about the poor autos but not even hitting a base rookie of anyone significant besides Doug Martin. And the funny thing is I had doubles of the poor rookies and my blaster inserts i got doubles from the hobby box lol

Two hobby and two retail for me. I did better with the hobby but only because the two balsters only had one no name auto. I pulled a Romo Gridiron Coin /10, no great autos to speak of, couple mini blacks, bunch of enchantments, but nothing worth the $240 I spent, that's for sure! I ended up buying a David Wilson auto mini /10, and a Cruz auto black /5 off that site.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Crazy - I busted 2 blasters. 2 RG3 RCs, 1 Luck RC, and Nick Foles auto redemption.

I honestly thought the RG3s would be "commons". Now I'm considering grading them!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Magic has been enchanting for me! 8 hobby boxes and about 12 blasters... coin cards, Alfred, Kaepernick, and some other nice stuff... long live Magic!! Hahahaha! Some of the breaks were brutal, but some were pretty damn sweet!
I LIVE for "Soup Kitchens" with "Dirty Mike" and the boys!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!

i like the product personally..

ive busted 1 hobby box, 3 autos, brandon lafell, and a doug martin redemption and nick foles redemption.

ive bought about 4 or 5 blasters, and got a good mix, one had a auto of t.y. hilton
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

Glad to hear some feedback. Seems like this product is 50/50 with most of you and sounds like retail is better