`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Trading With The Kid
03-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Trading With The Kid
Posting this in the baseball, basketball, football, and gaming forums to reach a wider audience.

So I've slowly been getting my 6.5 year old daughter into collecting. When we go to the card store she usually picks out a couple cards from the 50c or $1-5 bin to go with whatever else I buy. She's also picked out some packs of stuff but she's not that thrilled with opening yet, except Bella Sara packs.

She currently has some Bella Sara cards, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a variety of sports cards. She is getting used to sleeving them and being careful with them when she looks at them. She has 2 boxes for her cards, one with sleeved cards and one with top loaders.

I've picked up a few cards in trades for her but since they are mixed in with my cards she doesn't really know anything is for her until I hand her the card. I want to go one step further as she loves getting mail addressed to her so I was wondering if anyone would like to trade me some stuff for her. She doesn't know I'm doing this so it'll just be a surprise for her Smile

Her main requirement when selecting a card is that it's shiny. She prefers red, blue, purple, or gold. Pink is also a top favorite but you don't see many pink cards lol She doesn't have a favorite sport or player, though she does like the Lakers some. She has a few relic cards and a few autos already so not necessarily looking for those but wouldn't turn them away if I like the trade. She doesn't like hockey.

If you got some shiny stuff you don't really need/want send me an offer and let's see what we can do.

Thanks in advance.

[Image: beckett_sig_20140110.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 02:51 AM
RE: Trading With The Kid
My 11-yr-old daughter, Bella, and I are always willing to help out another kid's collection! I will send an offer over in a bit!

Collecting Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Mike Trout and especially...Jonathan Lucroy (my daughter is his #1 fan!)

Lucroy Collection : 145/174 non 1/1's (83.3%) and 12 1/1's

http://s1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/aprirr/
03-15-2013, 03:28 AM
(03-15-2013 02:51 AM)aprirr Wrote:  My 11-yr-old daughter, Bella, and I are always willing to help out another kid's collection! I will send an offer over in a bit!

Responded to the offer - thanks!

03-15-2013, 03:59 AM
I'll dig through my cards today and see if I can find some stuff with a little extra color to it. Will send you a message later.

Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins
03-15-2013, 05:44 AM
i will check for you too.
03-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Send me your address in a PM. No trade necessary but I'll round up some shiny cards over the weekend and send them your way.
03-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Offer sent!

Always looking for Ken Griffey Jr, and Randy Johnson Rookies. Check my org for trades!

[Image: 9kx9BTZ.png]

Do not trade with: SFssft1911
03-15-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm shocked you haven't responded to my kids thread. They would gladly trade with her
It's fun for both sides if the kids are trading themselves. Let me know if your interested.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html
03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
offer sent but feel free to adjust

[Image: eb5w.png]
Piazza supercollector: 2,517 different
DO NOT TRADE natejeffries
03-15-2013, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 10:14 AM by aktlingit.)
(03-15-2013 07:57 AM)dbroockerd Wrote:  I'm shocked you haven't responded to my kids thread. They would gladly trade with her
It's fun for both sides if the kids are trading themselves. Let me know if your interested.

Derek, I was going to but I wanted her to help pick out the cards. It's a shared custody situation so she's not with me all the time. Next time she comes over we'll start putting something together Smile
Thanks for the offers guys - I will reply to all trades tonight (or whenever I ditch work lol)