`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opened case on eBay :/

Opened case on eBay :/
I purchased a card on eBay but noticed several vertical lines/scratches on the card [around the players face/head area]. I emailed with the seller through eBay email about 15 times prior to making the purchase. I was assured by the seller that the lines I was seeing were from the flash of the camera he used to take a picture with.

I again asked him to verify that it was the flash and not scratches. He assured me that the card had no scratches. He told me the card was flawless minus the centering [I dont really care about centering]. I purchased the card believing it would be clean.

I received the card and the lines I was looking at were scratches. I opened up a case with eBay since the seller accepts no returns. The case was accepted.

Since I've never done this, what now? Will eBay read the private emails and if they "rule" in my favor, do I get a full refund, partial refund, what happens? All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Here is a link to the completed listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200897813151?ssP...1439.l2648
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

RE: Opened case on eBay :/
as a buyer. i Would say your chances of winning are about 90-99%. just be sure and follow up with them as to what happened. and in the end take pictures and show them (paypal) because they will be the ones deciding weather or not you get your money back.

Good Luck,
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

(03-14-2013, 11:52 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: as a buyer. i Would say your chances of winning are about 90-99%. just be sure and follow up with them as to what happened. and in the end take pictures and show them (paypal) because they will be the ones deciding weather or not you get your money back.

Good Luck,
Like I said, I am new to this. So do I have to open up a case with PayPal as well? Why are my chances of winning 90-99%? Is it because my emails will prove I was lied to?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

How did you file with Paypal? If you did an "item not as described", from what I hear Paypal sides with the buyer pretty much all the time on that. Assuming all of your communications with the seller were through ebay, that will help as they will take those into account. Again, from what I've heard, any communications outside of ebay they could care less about.

Did you try contacting the seller after you received it even though he said he didn't accept returns? Granted, it probably doesn't matter anyway as I doubt he'd do anything. You should win this and you'll just have to send the card back to the seller with delivery confirmation. I don't know why the guy would tell you one thing when it's obvious you're going to find out the truth upon receiving the item anyway. People amaze me.........

(03-15-2013, 06:37 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I don't know why the guy would tell you one thing when it's obvious you're going to find out the truth upon receiving the item anyway. People amaze me.........
The number of stupid people on eBay never amaze me anymore Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You should win this one. When you list on eBay with no returns accepted, it tells you that you must have an accurate description. I would think this would qualify as not accurate. Make sure you tell them about the emails that basically lie to you.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]