`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Graded Registry, unable to add cards

RE: Custom Graded Registry, unable to add cards
Since I started emailing their guys in India cards that use to show up in the data base are no longer there. When I first started adding these cards to the registry 7 of them were in another registry and they have been released by the email that was sent to that person but now they have did something that just wiped them out all together. The customer service here at beckett sure leaves a lot to be desired.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

Its a work in progress. As with any and all major releases there are bound to be bugs that need working out from Windows 8 to brand new Pick up Trucks. Any time something new is released it needs to be tested and tweaked and then released to the public. As the public uses it and submits feedback things get tweaked some more to meet the publics demand/desires. Thousands of people have logged in to log their cards. Some without issues and some with. Customer service is probably swamped with emails right now and just like your electric company when the power goes out - You're gonna sit on hold until they can get to you. By your cards being wiped - that tells me they are working to resolve the issue. They are not going to go "OMG we got an email from Patrick lets get to work on it!"
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-14-2013, 10:33 AM)branesergen Wrote: Its a work in progress. As with any and all major releases there are bound to be bugs that need working out from Windows 8 to brand new Pick up Trucks. Any time something new is released it needs to be tested and tweaked and then released to the public. As the public uses it and submits feedback things get tweaked some more to meet the publics demand/desires. Thousands of people have logged in to log their cards. Some without issues and some with. Customer service is probably swamped with emails right now and just like your electric company when the power goes out - You're gonna sit on hold until they can get to you. By your cards being wiped - that tells me they are working to resolve the issue. They are not going to go "OMG we got an email from Patrick lets get to work on it!"
I'm well aware of this but for cards to be wiped out of the system all together after they've been emailed shows that someone did something wrong, I mean these cards were graded in 2000 and 2005 no reason for them not to be in the system at all. This registry is an updated version of the last registry that has been made compatible with today's version of windows and that took damn near 3 years? They had 3 years to work the bugs out truth be told.

(03-14-2013, 10:45 AM)patrick54 Wrote: I'm well aware of this but for cards to be wiped out of the system all together after they've been emailed shows that someone did something wrong. This registry is an updated version of the last registry that has been made compatible with today's version of windows and that took damn near 3 years?
Tells me that they were removed to start from scratch to find where the issue lies. I could be wrong, you could be wrong but point being its probably going to take time.

As for the registry taking 3 years - You dont pay for it it is something provided by them for us to use. They scrapped the Registry 3 or 4 years ago or 6 years ago as I have heard and thanks to Mark taking it under his wing he has listened to the concerns of the people who pay to have cards graded. It is a whole new revamped monster pertaining to millions of cards that I'm sure once the bugs are worked out of it is going to be great.

If you feel your concerns are being ignored then resubmit the request. Complaining about something that is free isnt going to get you anywhere.

Im not saying you're complaining and I'm not saying your concerns are invalid as they are valid concerns - All I'm saying is its a big huge change and will definitely take time to work out the kinks. If they arent worked out in 6 months or so then believe me I will be right there with you wanting answers. But right now all we can do is be patient and hope they can address our concerns in a timely manner.
Manning PC

(03-14-2013, 10:55 AM)branesergen Wrote: As for the registry taking 3 years - You dont pay for it it is something provided by them for us to use. They scrapped the Registry 3 or 4 years ago or 6 years ago as I have heard and thanks to Mark taking it under his wing he has listened to the concerns of the people who pay to have cards graded.
Thats the reason I've watched PSA prices soar and BGS prices drop..
The registry may be free but when your competition is doing something that keeps people coming back, should you not follow? I've spent thousands grading and buying BGS products as many others have and now all I want is a customer service that is actually in the states and know what they are doing..
I've actually deleted my registry entries as it was a waste of my time. Anyone who has ever used the "other guys" registry knows why it is important.

Having been a part of PSA registry for a couple years your statement isnt totally true. Tho it holds true for some cards the opposite is also true for others. I collect Peyton Manning and have gotten both PSA 10's and BGS 9.5's for the same price. I have gotten PSA 10's cheaper than raw cards at times as well. I have paid more for a PSA 10 and have paid less. Where I see your statement holding true is more Vintage and higher dollar collectors. A person who has to have the best of the best and can afford $3000 for a PSA 9 Walter Payton RC for his registry. Those are the die hard PSA collectors just like there are die hard BGS collectors. A Jordan collector is just as likely to get in a bidding war for a BGS 9.5 with another collector regardless of registry or not. There are far more collectors who have no interest in a registry than there are those that do but will pay just as much to have the card in their collection. I would collect BGS Peytons whether they built the registry or not. Only thing the registry does is appeal to my competitive side and the vain side where I want to show off what I have amassed over the last couple years.
Manning PC

I'm a vintage collector myself and have stuck it out with beckett over the years and have never graded with PSA. The Jordan PSA 10 has trumped the Jordan BGS 9.5. The going price for a Jordan PSA 10 is around 10k versus a Jordan BGS 9.5 going from 3k-6k this is mainly a result of the registry. I prefer Beckett over the rest of the other guys but the registry is important when it comes time to dump things you no longer want, so the "vain collectors" can battle it out. A registry also helps showcase your collection to everyone whether it being vain or not it is a big plus for the collectors/hoarders in the hobby like myself. A registry has far more advantages than disadvantages. I've stuck it out with BGS this long and I'm sure I will continue to stick it out but the registry has been an issue that should've been addressed long ago..

(03-14-2013, 11:49 AM)patrick54 Wrote: I'm a vintage collector myself and have stuck it out with beckett over the years and have never graded with PSA. The Jordan PSA 10 has trumped the Jordan BGS 9.5. The going price for a Jordan PSA 10 is around 10k versus a Jordan BGS 9.5 going from 3k-6k this is mainly a result of the registry. I prefer Beckett over the rest of the other guys but the registry is important when it comes time to dump things you no longer want, so the "vain collectors" can battle it out. A registry also helps showcase your collection to everyone whether it being vain or not it is a big plus for the collectors/hoarders in the hobby like myself. A registry has far more advantages than disadvantages. I've stuck it out with BGS this long and I'm sure I will continue to stick it out but the registry has been an issue that should've been addressed long ago..
Hey lookee there we agree 100% on something lol Very well stated and an arguement I hope Beckett pays attention to going forward. I'm sure over the course of the next couple months most issues will be resolved. Hopefully including the Customer Service once the flood of emails slows down.
Manning PC

Hi guys, I'm kinda lost in this conversation regarding registries in general. I don't understand how a registry whether it's PSA or Beckett has anything to do with the value of a card? I can understand how some would pay more for a PSA 10 vs. a BGS 9.5 or BVG 9.5 or the other way around...paying more for the BVG/BGS vs. PSA but why does that have anything to do with a registry? I collect only BGS/BVG mostly because I was familiar with Beckett when I started and like the slabs better. How does a registry which is nothing more than a listing of cards with serial numbers add to the value of a card?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Once the contests start you'll see why lol Registries bring out the competitiveness in peoples collections and the showing off aspect of it. Once people get into it they have to have the highest ones. Say we both have a PSA 7 Walter Payton RC and an 8 pops up - We'll both go after it and jack up the price trying to be the one who owns it for our registry for the points and the contests. And if you got 5 or 6 people who want that same card its can get pretty ugly lol Ive seen PSA 10's of cards that go for upwards of $200 for a $20 card just because a 10 has never been seen. Hence the above posters statement that PSA cards go for more. To the average collector once a card hits a certain dollar amount most stop but when you get in competing for a registry and the recognition that comes with it you'll up your max price in a heart beat lol
Manning PC