Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
COME on PACKERS!

COME on PACKERS!
Go get Steven Jackson!

or Lacy, or ryan swope, or D. Moore. or someone!
Monte ball....Some play maker!

Just dont get an OL 1st round...

every year the packers kill me during draft time.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

RE: COME on PACKERS!
Yeah, I want them to go after Jackson, that would make their offense unstoppable again, I think. I feel it would be the Reggie White/Charles Woodson signing that would give them another 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins!

Though, their drafts the last few years have been pretty good. The first round with OL hasn't been great (Bulaga and Sherrod have been hurt a lot), but some of their picks have been home runs like Cobb and Hayward. Overall, I think they'll do well in the draft this year, but just no huge names since they pick so far back.

i remmeber i wanted Tebow for tightend..

i remeber then passing on Randy Moss becuase the didnt want to trade for him for a fourth round draft pick..

favre and moss.....SMH

Yeah, but they are still a great team, even if some of their decisions make us scratch our heads. They have made it a point to say that they go with the Draft and Develop philosophy, and they stick with it, for the most part. What I see happening is they go after a few of the diamond in the rough FA guys that are still around after the draft, like they did with Benson last year, and go with guys they think fit the system in the draft. We'll see, though, maybe they'll surprise us and pick up Jackson!
Oh, and just saw this on NFL.com:

link

"Steven Jackson: Citing a source connected with the St. Louis Rams, Packer Report's Bill Huber says Jackson likely is signing with the Green Bay Packers. That report has not been confirmed.

ESPN previously reported the Packers had "reached out" to Jackson, and a league source with knowledge of the running back market told ProFootballTalk.com that Green Bay has the early lead for the veteran back."

Keeping my fingers crossed!

(03-13-2013, 10:22 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: i remmeber i wanted Tebow for tightend..

i remeber then passing on Randy Moss becuase the didnt want to trade for him for a fourth round draft pick..

favre and moss.....SMH
I can do you one better.... Jimmy Johnson Passing on randy moss ( to be fair so did most of the league) and trading the pick to KC who drafted Holliday...

Marino to Moss would have prolonged Marino's career !

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(03-13-2013, 10:41 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I can do you one better.... Jimmy Johnson Passing on randy moss ( to be fair so did most of the league) and trading the pick to KC who drafted Holliday...

Marino to Moss would have prolonged Marino's career !
Actually that was the Packers too! Holliday went to the Chiefs a few year later. Either way, the idiots picked Holliday 2 picks ahead of Moss. But look on the bright side - you guys got John Avery out of it! Tongue

I would go bananas if we signed SJax. Bananas.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

We do not need another old-***** running back. We won the SB XXXI with Edgar Bennett (in his 6th year) and Dorsey Levens (3rd year), and SB XLV with Brandon Jackson (4 years) and James Starks (Rc).

We got all we could with Ahman Green and Ryan Grant. Cedric Benson, if he can stay healthy, will be good to have for another year, but we need to attack the draft this year or the next to really get a good, long career back. Put Alex Green in the Brandon Jackson role and keep Benson as primary. Let's go after Bernard Pollard with all that saved money
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

They'd have to resign Benson, as they only signed him for one year last year. Not to say that's a problem, but my concern is that he's already been injured, and he was only there for a year. The good thing about Jackson is that he's been solid, and healthy, for most of his career. It seems like we keep getting running backs that are great, but then get hurt and can't stay on the field. I mean, it's been a carousal of running backs since Dorsey Levens! A bunch of guys have come and gone that had flashes of being good, but then disappeared. Sam Gado, Ryan Grant (off and on good/being hurt), Alex Green, Brandon Saine, Cedric Benson, James Starks, and if I looked it up, I could probably find more. Even if Jackson only goes for one year with us, I think he'd be able to put up another 1000+ yard season with little to no issues, and that would be far more than enough to develop another guy from the draft, and that would help the defense tremendously, helping to keep them off the field.

Dunno, those are my 2 cents on it. Smile

Oh, and I also saw some stuff saying they are talking to Peyton Hillis as well. Shonne Greene just signed with the Titans, so they don't have a chance with him at all...

well....packers seem to not want to deal with FA this year....
reggie bush-lions
percy harvin-seahawks
steven jackson-falcons
dustin keller-Dolphins
mike wallace- dolphins
wes welker- broncos

i hope the draft goes well.

(03-15-2013, 11:03 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: well....packers seem to not want to deal with FA this year....
reggie bush-lions
percy harvin-seahawks
steven jackson-falcons
dustin keller-Dolphins
mike wallace- dolphins
wes welker- broncos

i hope the draft goes well.
Well, that's Ted Thompson for you. He's signed all of 1 big-time free agent since he's been here (Charles Woodson). I'd say that worked out pretty well. On the one hand, it's hard to argue with his strategy given the team's recent success, but it also seems like he's seemingly ignoring a key way to improve your team in the short term. In fairness, I'm sure he's being extra frugal this year as he's staring down long-term deals for Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews, and until you have those guys locked up you don't know how much FA $$ you have to play with. Although I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, I will be very disappointed if we don't make RB a draft priority this year. Not getting Jackson hurts. A guy that can pound the rock inside and do damage in the passing game, he is the perfect type of back for our system. Who knows, maybe they think Lacy is that same guy only 8 or so years younger. If that's the case, he's almost a must get...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)