`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slightly ot: apparently this is how we play basketball in my new home

RE: slightly ot: apparently this is how we play basketball in my new home
(03-13-2013, 11:59 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah, I agree! I could see 1 minute, 2 minutes max. But 7.5 minutes of that garbage? I fully understand the strategy of holding the ball late in the game. But in the second quarter? Just no excuse for that on both sides of the ball. Why play the game if you are going to just stand there?
back home it would've been more like this...
[Image: tumblr_lpmtuum17x1qh6tf2o1_r1_400_zps6a1e2dc8.gif]
LOL
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-13-2013, 11:36 AM)djohn Wrote: I disagree, the strategy while not popular easily could have been countered by the other coach. Essentially one team stayed in zone defense and did nothing to pressure the ball handler, so the team just decided to never shoot and hold the ball. The problem is that there is no shot clock in high-school which a game like this is what is usually needed to make a change, so it won't surprise me if in the next year or so we see a shot clock added to high-school games.
I agree. The other team's coach must have been so inadequate that he couldn't switch to a man to man defense. The only defense they must have been taught in practice was the zone. On the other hand if they did know how to play man defense, the coaches lack of confidence to switch to it is sad. Either way, that coach probably won't be promoted to the next level anytime soon.
Looking for Exquisite 2003-04 Noble Nameplates.

(03-14-2013, 01:01 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: back home it would've been more like this...
[Image: tumblr_lpmtuum17x1qh6tf2o1_r1_400_zps6a1e2dc8.gif]
LOL
Haha great! I am surprised the croud didnt riot. Or at least throw something.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(03-14-2013, 09:44 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Haha great! I am surprised the croud didnt riot. Or at least throw something.
As a player I would've gone postal....I was kind of...a rough player lol I'm not gunna lie (was kicked out of 3 games in one season), someone would've gone down had that happened to me lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75