`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payton and Hardway HOFers?

Payton and Hardway HOFers?
I noticed that Gary Payton and Tim Hardaway are finalists for the HOF this year. Does getting inducted sometimes lead to any increase in card values? (immediately, or later on?) Or would you say that usually you know ahead of time that a player is a HOFer, and so those cards values are already taking that into consideration?

RE: Payton and Hardway HOFers?
I'd be willing to bet Payton gets in...if not this year then soon.

Personally, of course, I'm hoping my boy Mitch Richmond gets in this year! I think he and Hardaway have good chances, but they are not "locks".

Also a bit surprised Bernard King isn't in yet. Seems worthy, IMHO.

And yes, card values often spike with a hall of fame induction, even known entities. They've been not playing for at least five years, sometimes things dip, but they usually pick back up, at least for a little while.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Payton should be a sure-fire HOFer. I think guys that played lockdown D don't get the respect they deserve. This guy would take on your best guard and that was it for the game, MJ excluded. I was a BIG Payton fan when he was on the Sonics...then he bounced around playing minor roles for better teams. He was the truth when he was at the pinnacle of his game.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I've seen an increase in the prices of Payton cards here recently. I had been buying up some of his rare cards and autos for my PC but they have gotten outta my price range for him right now. Hopefully some of the autos come down a little bit so I can keep going on that PC.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I think Payton will get in, but probably not this year. Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond I think are going to have to wait awhile.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Do we know when the decision will be made?

(03-12-2013, 09:57 PM)hercules21 Wrote: Do we know when the decision will be made?
Sept 6th is the ceremony. Not sure if they announce before that.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Payton is absolutely a HOFer. Not sure if Timmy will get in. Mitch was awesome is under appreciated so may be a coin toss.

I love King but injuries may have kept him out.