`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanner troubles. Tips appreciated

Scanner troubles. Tips appreciated
I have a HP Photosmart C4700(?) and am having a heck of a time obtaining a nice scan of a card. The problem is, if I scan the card by itself, it turns out being about 1/6th the size I need. If I add more cards to the window, the scanner will randomly pick 1 or 2 cards to enlarge. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

I know there's options to edit/enlarge the image in photobucket, but the problem is the scan is too small to enlarge in any meaningful way.

Anyone have this problem? -I've tried doing things like using a colored sheet of background paper, but nothing works.

Here's the nonsense I'm dealing with:

[Image: Scan130690023_zpsb1127dc3.jpg]

[Image: Scan130690025_zpsb1238e66.jpg]

[Image: Scan130690017_zpsc6e25bd1.jpg]
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Scanner troubles. Tips appreciated
Have you tried putting it in the middle of the scanner, then cropping it later in Windows Paint?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I haven't tried using windows paint (I have used photobucket image edit), but my main problem is that the scanner seems to decide for itself which size it scans (or which card it scans). I've tried every conceivable placement, but have not been able to get consistent results. -When I do get a relatively large, centered image, I find that the scan basically eliminates the edges/borders, which makes it difficult to see the most important part of the card. Unless I get a relatively decent-sized original image, cropping/zooming won't be sharp enough.

-I'll give your suggestion a shot though. Thanks/
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I don't know scanner issues. I take a hd or reg pic with my phone and edit with the software on my phone or pro-HDR app. Easy to crop on a iPhone then upload using the photobucket app. Taken about 10-20 min worth of scan/edit upload work out of the equation for me
no org, please do not send trade requests

The scanner normally has a pre set to scan. Try a 8.5 x 10 sheet of text, scan it & see what you get. There should be a mouse pointer to outline the area to be scanned or a setting to allow your desired scan size. Maybe youtube has some videos with tips/tricks.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered