`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mail Day Gone Wrong...
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Mail Day Gone Wrong...
Ah, the joy of opening the mailbox to see 3 packages of cards you've been waiting for.

Get em back to the house and open them up, and all 3 trades ended up with missing cards or wrong cards sent...ruined my day.

Not calling anyone out as I don't think there was any intent to deceive me, I've traded with these guys before, but still sucks that the cards I was looking forward to marking off my needs list aren't there.

Not even a rant, just a whine lol

[Image: beckett_sig_20140110.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: Mail Day Gone Wrong...
It happens but 3 in one day for sure sucks!!!

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html
03-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Just found.out a auto I traded for was lower bv than the two listed on Beckett from another trader.
Contacted the guy who traded me.the auto, and he won't fix it. Now the new guy who has the auto was the difference of the bv. It sucks.
03-11-2013, 08:07 PM
(03-11-2013 05:27 PM)dbroockerd Wrote:  It happens but 3 in one day for sure sucks!!!

Yeah that's the part that bummed me out. I know we all make mistakes, we're human.

In the past I received a $6 card instead of the $5 version of that card (Bowman Chrome vs Bowman). I contacted the trader and said we could swap them if we did another trade but after we talked about it we both decided to let it go - wasn't a big deal. Easy enough, everyone good.

I also had a case of getting the wrong year Opening Day card of one of my PC guys. I was missing that one as well, and though its BV was 50c less no big deal. I still let the trader know to make sure he was ok with it and didn't send me a PC card by accident and so he could update his ORG accordingly though.

So far today one of the guys has contacted me and is going to make things right, even offering to throw in an extra card of my choice (up to a certain BV of course lol). I declined the bonus card as he's thrown in a few extras in our other dealings and he was not only civil but very prompt in handling this situation.

What I have worried about is someone accusing me of lying or ripping them off by stating a card didn't arrive and getting combative per se. I'm sure snappyjoe can attest to that based on his thread about the wrong version of a card being listed in the ORG.

When I make a mistake (it's bound to happen) I hope that whoever is on the other end of that trade gives me a chance to make it right.

Anyways, enough rambling lol

03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Just an update:

One person contacted me immediately and worked to make things right. I'm not going to mention his name since that's in a way outing him for screwing up even though the intent would be to praise him for correcting the situation quickly.

One person contacted me and got very snippy with me about "why do you care if it's the wrong card, I sent you cards you have listed as wants!" Well, couple reasons. First, I agreed to a specific trade of cards with you. Second, I agreed to a specific trade with other people for the cards you sent me so now I have duplicates I don't want. Third, the cards you sent were significantly lower book values from the cards we agreed upon (percentage wise, still wasn't a large trade) - the trade went from being even to you getting roughly 40% more BV. A little more BV is fine, but 40% for cards I didn't want is not. I'm still not going to mention his name as he may correct the issue.

One person has yet to contact me even though I know they've logged in at least once. I'll give him a few more days.

03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I've had a rash of that happening lately. I think some people are just sloppy. The biggest problem has been with error cards. They don't seem to be able to read the description of what the error is.

03-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Argh...and the saga continues.

Got 7 packages of trades today...3 of them had issues.

One of the 4 that were correct included a few extra cards for me though so that was cool.

Not my week man lol