`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little bit of Elite Extra Edition luck

A little bit of Elite Extra Edition luck
After having seen the boxes of '12 Elite Extra Edition sitting on the shelf at Target for the past few weeks, I was finally sucked in by the two guaranteed autos.

In terms of autos, I wasn't impressed or surprised at just how lackluster they were - Slade Smith /799 and Tim Lopes /799. Fortunately, I landed a third "hit" from the box. And to make it better it's #1/10 ... officially my lowest serial number. The only notable base card I got was Almora, but all in all worth the $30.

[Image: 1_zps4d4fe654.jpg]
Kepler

RE: A little bit of Elite Extra Edition luck
Not too bad. Nice 1/10 hit and I kinda like Slade's autograph!

I bought a box last week .... 2 autos Alex Mejia 47/50 die cut and Hoby Milner 157/799
Not bad ... Not good ... Not impressed, but not upset either. I guess neutral Smile
I could post pics if you are interested.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I've kind of just realized Elite is a lot like Bowman ... you really don't have any idea how good you actually did for three or four years.

I actually pulled those same two autos, so I was glad for a Tigers PC hit.

(03-12-2013, 12:27 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not too bad. Nice 1/10 hit and I kinda like Slade's autograph!

I bought a box last week .... 2 autos Alex Mejia 47/50 die cut and Hoby Milner 157/799
Not bad ... Not good ... Not impressed, but not upset either. I guess neutral Smile
I could post pics if you are interested.
For sure, I definitely want to see the die cut. Plus it's always fun to see what these guys sigs look like.
(03-12-2013, 01:13 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've kind of just realized Elite is a lot like Bowman ... you really don't have any idea how good you actually did for three or four years.

I actually pulled those same two autos, so I was glad for a Tigers PC hit.
Did you get them from the same box?

Kepler

(03-12-2013, 12:28 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: FFor sure, I definitely want to see the die cut. Plus it's always fun to see what these guys sigs look like.
Here's what I got from my Elite blaster. Not bad compared to others ... I've done much worse!

[Image: 8D00B9FD-66DD-45F3-9BAD-C79265C843ED-110...daa046.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I could use the Slade auto if you feel like trading it! congrats on your break!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Nice Hits on both blasters! I love this product every year but, this year it looks alot better than the last years. I got very lucky and in two packs pulled the Darin Ruf auto!

Those die cut autos are sharp looking. Thanks for sharing.
(03-13-2013, 12:09 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: I could use the Slade auto if you feel like trading it! congrats on your break!
I'm definitely up for trading it. The only problem is it isn't listed in the OPG yet, although the rest of his cards are, so I'm not able to add it. Any Twins autos available?

Kepler

(03-12-2013, 12:28 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: For sure, I definitely want to see the die cut. Plus it's always fun to see what these guys sigs look like.

Did you get them from the same box?
I don't remember, honestly ... I think I busted three of them ... although I've noticed that inserts/hits tend to fall in the same "runs" in retail.

Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK