`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for those who use paypal shipping

question for those who use paypal shipping
Well all, since the mantique business is slow in northern Michigan in the middle of winter, I have finally given in and started using eBay to sell some of my stuff. It's not great, but it beats not making any money. I guess my main question is, how do I do paypal shipping accurately so that it has sufficient postage? Also, when I type in my info I see nothing about DC, is it just automatically going to get that? Thanks a ton guys!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: question for those who use paypal shipping
use first class mail preference. add a weight usually up to 10 cards will weigh less than 3 oz. package is large/thick package. generally it will cost you 1.69. dc is free.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

DC# is called USPS tracking when you do Ebay/PayPal shipping. It's free and automatically added.

When I ship my cards, it's almost always First Class. You can choose it from the pull down menu. As far as accuracy, when something weighs 3.25oz, I choose 3oz. If it weighs 3.5oz or more I put 4oz. Using this method I have had no problems. I weigh my packages on a digital scale I bought at Office Max for like $15. It weighs packages up to 3 lbs.

If it's heavier than 13oz I do Priority Flat Rate Boxes. I take a bunch of different sizes at the Post Office and keep them at my house for when I need them.

You can check Signature Confirmation and/or Insurance under Additional Options but can add only up to $500 in Insurance. Anything higher you'll have to go to the Post Office. I had to do that last week.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(03-10-2013, 02:21 PM)kata78 Wrote: When I ship my cards, it's almost always First Class. You can choose it from the pull down menu. As far as accuracy, when something weighs 3.25oz, I choose 3oz. If it weighs 3.5oz or more I put 4oz. Using this method I have had no problems. I weigh my packages on a digital scale I bought at Office Max for like $15. It weighs packages up to 3 lbs.
The USPS says you are supposed to round up even if it's 3.1 oz you are supposed to say 4oz. For most cards being sent it doesn't matter since the price will be $1.69, but for heavier packages you could get a stickler at the post office that decides to return the package for insufficient postage.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-10-2013, 10:13 PM)djohn Wrote: The USPS says you are supposed to round up even if it's 3.1 oz you are supposed to say 4oz. For most cards being sent it doesn't matter since the price will be $1.69, but for heavier packages you could get a stickler at the post office that decides to return the package for insufficient postage.
Thanks for the info. Did not know that.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Make sure your 1st class is 3/4" thick like a bubble mailer with a few foamy peanuts. For a silver certificate mailed, i used a PWE at 1st class & being it was under 3/4" they upped it to priority with postage due.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Buy as cheap digital scale..it will ruin your feedback if you have a package returned for postage..sometime they weigh them.
Must round up..3.1 = 4.0 oz
For single cards I chose 3 oz..it is the same as 1,2,3 oz..so I am safe.
5-6 cards 3 oz if usually good, but I weigh them on the scale..with ALL the packaging..
DC is auto added on eBay..
Even if you pay the $1.69 for large envelope, it must be thick enough for them NOT TO RUN through the sorter..otherwise, they will run it through and can crush the top loader..

I use a styrofoam peanut to "puff the package up"
Reusing the padded envelopes you receive is another way to cut shipping costs..
Make sure the bubbles are not crushed though..

Again..weigh the packages..3.1 oz is 4 oz and they will return if they catch it...rare..but it happens..

Thanks for all the advice guys...since I don't have a scale, can I purchase the shipping with paypal, then when I go to the post office just have them weigh it to double check and I pay the additional out of pocket? Thanks for any info!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

That's normally a good idea. As most people have said, the amount of cards being mailed may vary as will the weight, but for the most part, I stick to 3 oz for up to 3 cards in top loaders and an extra decoy card to make sure it's stiff and won't bend. I err on the side of caution and will up it another ounce just to make sure that it won't come back if it's up to 5 cards. Judging by the way that some people on these forums respond, I'm probably wasting money, but better safe than sorry...besides 1 more ounce doesn't cost that much more.

For cards in team bags, i usually go up to 10 with decoy cards on both ends at 3 ozs. Anything above that probably won't fit into a standard bubble mailer. If you go with a slightly bigger bubble mailer, yes, you'd have to add more.

For more than that, it is a good idea to purchase at the estimate, then go to the post office that day to weigh it. If you wait longer than that, I don't think you can cancel your label.

I concur with the idea of putting in a extra piece of foam to make sure that it's thick enough to ship as a "package."

If all else fails, sometimes the post office will deliver it, but they will charge the recipient more. If that is the case, I just refund the buyer for the difference on the shipping. Not everyone's perfect and can actually foresee what problems shipping can cause.

Good luck!

(03-11-2013, 02:12 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Thanks for all the advice guys...since I don't have a scale, can I purchase the shipping with paypal, then when I go to the post office just have them weigh it to double check and I pay the additional out of pocket? Thanks for any info!

You need a postage scale so you aren't guessing on weights because if you are off on your weight then the post office will charge the person you shipped to the difference. But when you go through paypal.com/shipnow its a pretty easy self explanatory process and its cheaper than actually paying at the post office.
Yes you can do that...they just throw extra stamps on the package.
(03-11-2013, 02:12 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Thanks for all the advice guys...since I don't have a scale, can I purchase the shipping with paypal, then when I go to the post office just have them weigh it to double check and I pay the additional out of pocket? Thanks for any info!