IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My trip to NYC last year!
Tongue 
My trip to NYC last year!
Good day Beckett!

(Since I'm back now and was not here during one of the greatest hockey experiences of my life I thought I would share what happened to me last March.)

Last year my wife floored me with the surprise of going to see the Avalanche in NYC on 3/17/12 against the Rangers. I had never seen my beloved Avs play in person before and let alone had only been to 1 other NHL game.

She had to go to the COACH store and drool. (crazy expensive purses, handbags, wallets, for those of you that don't know). Since this was pretty much "my" weekend I obliged and walked blocks and blocks and blocks to where this store was located.

On the walk back from this store I see a nice charter bus. Scrolling across the top of it I saw "NHL HOCKEY TEAM." My heart started racing but I thought, no way, I'm not that lucky. I go up to the side where they are loading bags and low and behold there were Avs logos all over the stuff.

[Image: AvsBus_zps2048e8a3.jpg]

I talked to the bell hop for a minute and he showed me the way to the hotel. We stood outside that place for probably almost 2 hours before finally making our way to the game.

Gabriel Landeskog
[Image: GabrielLandeskog1_zpseb7bff03.jpg]

I remembered shouting "You're gonna win the Calder! Rookie of the Year!"

Milan Hejduk
[Image: MilanHejduk_zps4417804b.jpg]

David Jones
[Image: DavidJones_zps4dd9dc7b.jpg]

Jan Hejda
[Image: JanHejda_zpsf088cfd4.jpg]

Ryan Wilson
[Image: RyanWilson1_zps1981099d.jpg]

Jamie McGinn
[Image: JamieMcGinn_zpseddeb3cc.jpg]

Matt Hunwick
[Image: MattHunwick_zps0c4940d3.jpg]

Peter Mueller
[Image: PeterMueller_zps33d40895.jpg]

And of course....when the moment of truth finally came. I said NOTHING. Not a word. Barely moved. Hence the horrible picture.

Paul Stastny
[Image: PaulStastny_zps469bbde6.jpg]

There were others as well, I saw Cody McLeod and talked (well yelled to him) for a second. Semyon Varlamov went by, never stopped for anyone or looked at anyone. Goalies are weird, probably "mentally preparing" lol.

Then we went to the game and the AVS won! 3-1! 41 saves on 42 shots for Varly!

[Image: Avs3Rangers1_zps421d6d0b.jpg]

Probably top 5 all time greatest moments of my life so far. Nothing beats a 31 year old male acting like a teenage schoolgirl seeing her favorite boy band!

Go Avs Go!

RE: My trip to NYC last year!
That's awesome. I made the 4 hour drive south from my house to see the Avs vs Devils on a Friday night two years ago then drove an hour over to Long Island and stayed in a hotel and caught the Avs vs. Islanders afternoon game on Saturday. It was an amazing weekend. I wasn't lucky enough to catch any of the players like that though.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Very nice. Being from NY, I actually know a couple of the autograph hounds in your pics! You should've gotten SOMETHING signed though, even if it was only slips of paper or even stationary from the hotel. Glad you had a good time.

That looks like a great time. I feel your pain about the Coach store too, there is one where we go for the summer and I usually have to make a trip or two there as well. Never lucky enough to run into a pro sports team but hey you never know lol.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket