• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP? Really? A heritage rant

SP? Really? A heritage rant
Ok, so..... Not really sure how to begin, but I'll show you some scans
[Image: 0A988672-646E-4126-83F7-0FEF437F6CBC-110...bb68a3.jpg]
[Image: DAD7A282-B046-4B3C-81DE-9F6C917F4E77-110...335de7.jpg]
[Image: 251FFBF0-2E8E-4690-8147-ECEAB03056A6-110...01cf51.jpg]
[Image: AA0935FC-02E4-4CAD-988F-6EF337338E8A-110...d9f61a.jpg]

Really?really! SP? I'm not sure they know what that means!
This is from 3 hobby boxes!
I have more dupes of these SP's than most base cards!
The collation (or lack, thereof) of the boxes is really staring to get to me!
These dupes will be up for trade, once everything is listed.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: SP? Really? A heritage rant
need a size comparison here....what did you bust to get those?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(03-10-2013, 01:56 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: need a size comparison here....what did you bust to get those?
That was out of 1 retail pack Smile just kidding!
I had a case of postus sleepis interuptus last night and my rant was corrected above ... That was out of a 3 hobby box break.
Furthermore, my rant continues to include the box loaders ... Love the large oversized card ( got a Verlander) and got a 3 panel ad strip, which are fun. My complaint is the buyback card. If Topps is putting in a nice, clean, near mint common card, I'd have no complaints, but the condition of the buyback cards, from what I've seen are in crappy condition. Sure, if it were a Mantle or Mays, or Clemente in a lesser condition, well that would be fine, but a common card that would guide for $2-4 bucks in mint? Come on! I'm sure they could find them in better shape than what they're including! Has anyone received a mint condition, common buyback? Or for that matter, a lesser condition superstar card? I'd love to find out!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have bought 2 hobby boxes and 2 blasters so far and I don't have a single dupe of an SP. I guess it luck of the draw.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

yeah that seems like some crap luck on collation sadly not uncommon most of the time it seems! not bad for a dodgers fan? haha
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Luck of the draw. You just happened to get 3 boxes with the same SP cards in them. Typically this doesn't happen if they all came from the same case. Looks like the odds were against you. I have an extra Dunn (484) SP to trade for one of your extra Sp's Smile

Man that's rough, especially with the number of SPs in the set to get that many dupes of just four guys is crazy.

(03-10-2013, 01:39 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Man that's rough, especially with the number of SPs in the set to get that many dupes of just four guys is crazy.
Yeah, kinda thinking along those lines. It seemed nuts to me, too. And I didn't list all the dupes .... I just stopped at those triple and quadruples. I have un- pictured triples of Adam Jones #433 and un-pictured doubles of Votto #425 Rosario #488, Weaver #449, also.
The collation was really, really lousy.
(03-10-2013, 01:22 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Luck of the draw. You just happened to get 3 boxes with the same SP cards in them. Typically this doesn't happen if they all came from the same case. Looks like the odds were against you. I have an extra Dunn (484) SP to trade for one of your extra Sp's Smile
It's a Dunn (done) deal! Smile
Let me know in a PM when you get a chance.

i feel your pain...busted 6 boxes, got some dupes on the SPs. but, if it were dupes on trouts or harpers, then i'm pretty sure our complaints would have been raves about how good it was!

i also thought the same thing about the condition of the card when i was busting heritage last year and got buy backs. i think they feel that we'll just be happy with an old card. this would work in 2051 when the buy back would be an autographed pujols...but i don't think i can wait that long!

I'd like to think they're apprehensive about stamping any high-quality vintage cards. Who knows if that's true or not...