`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So who is the bit hit of 2013?

So who is the bit hit of 2013?
I am genuinely curious because I don't honestly know. Pretty much every year it's clear who the big money rookies are going to be before the draft releases even come out. Luck & RGIII last year, Newton in 2011, Tebow and Bradford in 2010, Stafford and I guess Sanchez in 2009, Ryan and McFadden for 2008, Peterson for 2007... Anyway you get the drift. Who is the CHA-Ching! Guy this year? Geno Smith? Matt Barkley? Someone else? Are we going to have wait until September to find out? Discuss...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

RE: So who is the bit hit of 2013?
It's going to be a heavily defensive draft this year. You may get a few surprises here and there, but I don't see much offensive high talent high value guys. I could potentially see Geno Smith getting up there in prices. Besides him some may say Montee Ball or Giovanni Bernard at RB. I see Barkley completely flopping, but that may just be me. Something with USC QB's just not panning out...
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Ryan Nassib and Geno Smith are two considered. But yes mainly defense. Rex Burkhead could be an alfred morris type player though he turned some heads in the combine. Maybe its the year of the Tight End! Jake Stoneburner! ha.

(03-09-2013, 02:48 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: It's going to be a heavily defensive draft this year. You may get a few surprises here and there, but I don't see much offensive high talent high value guys. I could potentially see Geno Smith getting up there in prices. Besides him some may say Montee Ball or Giovanni Bernard at RB. I see Barkley completely flopping, but that may just be me. Something with USC QB's just not panning out...
Hands off Gio lol Big Grin jk jk I'll def get some of his cards but not gonna try to get them all.

(03-09-2013, 02:52 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Hands off Gio lol Big Grin jk jk I'll def get some of his cards but not gonna try to get them all.
Have 3 already.... Big Grin

Probably will pick up a few more soon. Mostly focusing on Martin, so you won't have to compete with me for the most part.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

If he goes to a good team and gets playing time-I see Montee Ball--he's good. Barkley-the next Leinert may be hot at first, but I think back to Claussen and Locker and that draft, I see him being a bust. I DO think Barkley could be good with the right coaching, but qbs are expected to step right in and do it and that won't happen with him--jmho, of course.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

My plan is to pick a couple qbs and pick up a few of their autos. The purpose being holding them back in case they get a start and then I can sell.

There isn't anyone in the draft that inspires me to do any mass or long term collecting.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Luckily in 2013 I'll be collecting cards from the past. My wallet will be fatter - less money spent on a draft class I could care less about.

I will pick up some UGA singles, though.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(03-09-2013, 03:02 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Have 3 already.... Big Grin

Probably will pick up a few more soon. Mostly focusing on Martin, so you won't have to compete with me for the most part.
[Image: GioBernardSuper.jpg]

(03-09-2013, 05:57 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [Image: GioBernardSuper.jpg]
Great looking card... what product is that from?

maybe this year the defensive guys will get some hobby love.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1